Terms of Reference for General Manager
Organization: Centro De Cuidado a Criança – Casa Vida
Position: General Manager
Reporting to: Director
Location: Dili – Timor-Leste
Hours: 5 days a week ( 40hr total)
Duration: Ongoing subject to Casa Vida’s funding situation: 1 months’probation
About the Organization:
Casa Vida is committed to and acts in the protection, welfare and rights of children. The focus is on the international rights of the child. Casa Vida works in an integrated manner in caring for and meeting the needs of child victims of violence and sexual abuse and their families in accordance with the provisions of United Nations conventions, Laws of Timor Leste and relevant International Law.
To achieve their Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives of and for the care of children, Casa Vida promotes, collaborates, coordinates and executes programs, projects and actions aimed at:
- Ensuring comprehensive care of child victims of violence and sexual abuse
- Providing families of children psychosocial and therapeutic care and assistance
- Act in accordance with the MOU signed with the Ministry of Social Solidarity and other Government agencies with open communication and in a transparent manner
- Articulate and mobilize Social Actions in the area of promotion, defense and guarantee of the rights of children and adolescents for the implementation of the conventions on the Rights of Children, the Child and Adolescent Statute
- Facilitate and monitor the reintegration of a child victim of sexual abuse within their family and community
- Promote and support initiatives and training projects in the area of domestic violence and child abuse
- Conduct monitoring, diagnostic, analysis, recording and evaluation of children who are victims of abuse
About the Role:
The General Manager will ensure the coordination between and supervision of the diverse programs in Casa Vida on a day-to-day basis to ensure efficiency, good performance and harmonious working relationships. He/she will be required to work closely with the top-level management, reporting on a regular basis and providing critical input for future strategic planning.
The post holder for this challenging position will be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with a critical mind and a passion to further the goals of the Casa Vida and promote a good work for contribute to development of Casa Vida.
The purpose of this post is to plan, direct and coordinate the day to day operations of the organization, develop good practice, ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of the organizational operations and upholding its image as a unique, quality-oriented institution through the provision of effective management of people and policies.