ChildFund Timor Leste
Job Description for National Vacancy
ChildFund International has been serving children and youth, and their families and communities, in Timor-Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for a motivated, committed, and experienced person to fill in a key national vacancy in the organization.
Title: Program Manager—Child Protection
Reporting Relationship: National Director
Leads the integration of child protection developmental pathways in ChildFund’s planning, designing, implementing, and monitoring & evaluation processes that implementing partners undertake for all life stage program strategies. Together with the program and senior management teams, leads the effort to build a network of strong partners that manage resources and implement programs and projects with impact for children. Strong program management and organizational development skills, and deep understanding and experience in Timor-Leste’s Child Protection situation and systems are required.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ChildFund International has been serving children and youth, and their families and communities, in Timor-Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for a motivated, committed, and experienced person to fill in a short-term vacancy (3 months) in its Youth Employment Project. The project runs until October 2017 and is funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade through ChildFund New Zealand.
Job Title: Project Officer for Youth Employment Project (temporary, as maternity leave cover)
Location: Based in Dili with frequent travel to Suai, Covalima and Maliana, Bobonaro
Reporting to: Project Manager for Youth Employment Project
Duration: 3 months (mid-June until mid-September 2016)
Internal: Project Manager; Project Field Officers; Youth Program Officer; Other ChildFund Staff
External: Staff of Implementing Partners in target areas; Training providers (TIBAR, ETDA, CTC Salele, IADE, Don Bosco, etc.); Ministry of Youth; other relevant government agencies and non-government organizations
Summary of the position
The Youth Employment Project Officer shall be responsible for the training component of the Youth Employment Project. The Project Officer will design, implement, and evaluate life skills training activities of target youth. The Project Officer will assist the Project Manager in monitoring technical skills training of the youth through accredited training providers, as well as link youth with various industry and business stakeholders for employment.
- Coordinate for delivery of appropriate life skills training for youth enrolled in different technical, vocational, and business training
- Develop and conduct assessment on youth’s participation in life skills training
- Develop and conduct post-training mentorship program to trained youth being linked to employment
B. Networking and linkages
- Map out industry and business partners for youth employment and entrepreneurship
- Link ChildFund’s Youth Employment Project with relevant industry and business partners to ensure employment of youth graduates of technical skills training and trained youth entrepreneurs
- Assist the Project Manager in building relationships with stakeholders (potential employers, ministry agencies, training institutes, INGOs, etc.) to link trained youth with formal and self-employment, and participate in discussions, collaboration, and policy advocacy on youth employment
C. Monitoring and reporting
- Monitor and mentor the project’s youth participants during technical skills training and while at the workplace
- Prepare and submit regular monitoring reports to the Project Manager
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Participate in other monitoring and evaluation activities to support project implementation
- Assist in the development of related project proposals if required
- Support other staff where required in developing reports and documentation
- Participate in department and general staff meetings
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Program Manager or the National Director
ChildFund Timor Leste
Position Vacancy Announcement for Project Manager, Youth Employment Project
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Position: Project Manager – Youth Employment Project (1) Based Dili
Report to: Program Director
Summary of the position:
The Project Manager for Youth Employment Project which is funded by the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade through ChildFund New Zealand shall serve as the technical specialist, expert, and a resource person in youth employment and livelihood program of ChildFund Timor Leste.
Is seeking to recruit three (3) National positions for the following positions:
1. Grants Coordinator – Based in Dili
2. Communication Officer – Based in Dili
3. Community Development Officer based in Maliana
Application can be sent to: email@example.com
You can request the TOR through this email as well
Application should be address to:
Finance and Administration Manager, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Avenida presidente Nicolao Lobato #55, Bidau Lecidere
Deadline Friday 26 August 2011