New Zealand Police and PNTL – Timor Leste Programa Apoiu Polisia Komunitaria (TLPAPK)
Title: Programme Support Officer (s)
Contract Duration: 1 year
Work Location: Primarily Dili, but with anticipated travel throughout the country
Report to: NZ Police TLPAPK Team Leader
The New Zealand Police are seeking programme support staff to work three (3) to five (5) days a week for a one year contract (based in Dili). These positions are to provide administrative and logistical support for the day to day functioning of the Timor-Leste Community Policing Support Programme (TLPAPK), which works closely with the PNTL.
Days of work will be negotiated on a fortnightly basis. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
Salary will be negotiated prior to signing a one year contract.
- Provide written and language translation services when required.
- Provide driver services when required in and outside of Dili.
- Carry out daily administration tasks that support programmatic activities
- Ensures NZP programme vehicles are fueled, kept clean, and serviced regularly so as to to be at a state of operational readiness.
- Ensure PAPK office and its equipment is maintained and kept clean to support programme activities.
- Ensure PAPK office and vehicle supplies are well stocked to support programme activities.
- Ensure that visitors to the PAPK office are welcomed and provided with refreshments.
- Work together with The Asia Foundation and PNTL staff to ensure harmonious working relationships, while supporting excellent information flow between New Zealand Police, the Asia Foundation and PNTL.
- Assist and support the planning arrangements for meetings including disbursement of required documentation, invites, minute taking and support requirements for each meeting.
- Assist in logistical planning and support to operational activities when directed and required.
- Complete any other tasks assigned to support the New Zealand Police (PAPK) programme as required.