U.S. Mission Dili, Timor-Leste
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: VA#2016-008
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
POSITION: Trades Helper (2 positions)
OPENING DATE: August 5, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 2, 2016
WORK HOURS: Full-time, 40 hours/week
SALARY: Ordinarily Resident (OR): FSN-1 $2,621 per annum (Starting salary)
Not-Ordinarily Resident (NOR): FP-DD $18,343 per annum (Position Grade to be confirmed by Washington)
ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix A for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
The U.S. Mission in Dili, Timor-Leste is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Trades helper
BASIC FUNCTION OF POSITION
The job holder provides a non-skilled labor in supporting of various trade & craft function. Position is located in the American Embassy, Dili, Timor-Leste. The Primary purpose of this position is to assist FMU and the Warehouse personnel perform building maintenance and repair and handling, moving and delivery for the U.S. Embassy and USAID office areas, the warehouse, and Embassy residences. A trades Helper whose function is to assist carpenters, electrician, plumbers, tradesman assistant, gardeners, cleaners, and warehouseman as needed for specific job and project.
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- EDUCATION: Completion of primary school is required;
- EXPERIENCE: one year of work experience in general labor is required;
- LANGUAGE: Ability to read and write Tetum is required. Level I (Rudimentary Knowledge) of English is required and knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia is desirable.
(This will be tested.)
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Perform general labor tasks as assigned. Ability to operate simple hand tools, cleaning tools, and gardening equipment. Ability to crawl, climb, and lift heavy objects. Work under close direction of supervisor, foreman or tradesman (as designated by supervisor)
(This will be tested.)
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: A good working knowledge of how to assist the tradesman. Knowledge of occupational safety and health requirements and practices and knowledge of personal protective equipment.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://timor-leste.usembassy.gov and/or by contacting the Human Resources Office DiliHR2@state.gov
SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants who are U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) and/or preference-eligible U.S. Veterans are given a preference in hiring. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants make themselves known as having a hiring preference and specifically address the required qualifications above in their application.