P e a c e W i n d s J a p a n in Timor-Leste
(Program/Assistant Coordinator – 2 Positions)
About the Organization
In 1999, the popular referendum in East Timor on independence from Indonesia led to massive violence, displacing many people internally in the area. In response, Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) provided medical assistance as well as food, shelter materials, and daily commodities to those displaced in the capital Dili and Liquiça District. In order to meet the needs of people at the time of their struggle, PWJ remained in East Timor and implemented various activities including housing projects and livelihood assistance. Since East Timor gained independence in 2002, PWJ has been providing technical support for coffee farmers in Ermera and Liquiça District and selling their products in Japan, U.S.A, Australia and Taiwan under a fair-trade system.
We are looking for competent Program/Assistant Coordinators – 1-2 positions to undertake a variety of administrative and program management tasks. You will help in planning and organizing programs and activities as well as carry out important operational duties.
- Planning, coordination of a program and export activity;
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices;
- Help build positive relations within the team and external parties of organization;
- Prepare paperwork and order material regarding exportation activities;
- Keep updated records and create reports or proposals to General Coordinator; and,
- Support growth and program development of organization.
- Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Economic, Science or equivalent;
- Ability working as a team;
- Have at least 2 year experience in similar position;
- Strong interpersonal skill and organize skill;
- Fluently speak English, Tetun and Bahasa, Portugues (not essential);
- Willing to travel to the districts; and,
- Willing to drive vehicle (motorcycle/car) with a valid license.
Please submit your Cover Letter (addressed to Director of PWJ),Detailed Resume (CV) and copies of Related Documents to Peace Winds Japan Office in Rua Ribeira de Maloa, Tuana Laran, Aldeia Matua, Suco Vila-Verde or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org; Closing date is 17th April 2017 at 05:00 PM.
Please note: the application which sent after the specified time will not be tolerated.
For the further information, please contact to (+670) 7805-7990 (only on Working Time at 08:00AM-05:00PM – Monday-Friday).