Date: March 1, 2017
Closure Date: Open until filled, apply by March 15, 2017 for priority screening
Position Title: Safety and Security Manager
Salary: Salary range $17,869.50 – 23,977.80 annually plus benefits
(Starting salary depends on salary history, experience, and qualifications)
The United States Peace Corps program in Timor-Leste seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the following full-time position: Safety and Security Manager.
The United States Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization, which brings American Volunteers to various munispiu in Timor-Leste to work with communities on development projects on two-year assignments. The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government and was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. General information about Peace Corps can be found atwww.peacecorps.gov.
The role of the Safety and Security Manager (SSM) is to support security-related functions (i.e. site inspection and selection, Volunteer site visits, emergency planning, incident response, etc.) that are critical to post operations and Volunteer support. The SSM reports to the Country Director (CD) who manages day to day workload, while the Office of Safety and Security provides technical oversight of security related matters and SSM professional development.
Major Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Coordinate security programs, and maintain safety equipment, procedures, and documentation;
- Considerable travel throughout Timor-Leste to visit Volunteers and build relationships with community members, local leaders and local authorities;
- Remain on duty and carry phone to respond to individual and large-scale emergencies on short notice: 24 hours/day, 7 days/week;
- Liaise with local law enforcement and U.S. government officials;
- Monitor and disseminate information about security issues;
- Design and conduct trainings for American Volunteers and community members;
- Perform housing checks for American Volunteers and train staff in performing housing checks to assess for safety and security;
- Conduct post-incident assessments to identify any ongoing threats or security concerns and develop mitigation strategies.