Date: April 10, 2015
Closure Date: Until filled (Initial review starts April 20).
Position Title: Language & Cross-Culture Coordinator (LCC)
Salary: Starting at $9,898.35 (includes family and transportation allowance + bonus) + benefits
The United States Peace Corps program in Timor-Leste seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the following full-time position: Language and Cross-Culture Coordinator
The United Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization, which will bring American Volunteers to Timor-Leste to be assigned to Districts to work with communities on development projects. The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government and was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. General information about Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
The Language & Cross-Culture Coordinator will work as a member of the Program and Training Unit under the direct supervision of the Director of Programming and Training, duties include:
· Provides expertise in Tetun Language and Timor culture training design for adult learners and leadership in implementing the design.
· Ensures the quality of language and cross-cultural training and collaborates with other training providers to ensure language and cultural context is integrated into all training programs.
· Oversees the design, implementation, delivery and smooth operation of language and cross-culture components in all Peace Corps trainings for its Peace Corps Volunteers and Trainees
· Acts as the lead trainer, coordinator, and administrator responsible for all training project activities, budgets and logistics
· Delivers language and cross-culture sessions
· Responsible for directing, monitoring and evaluating Trainee and Volunteer learning and helping training staff prepare and modify sessions, based on learner feedback.
· Provides support to the Program Unit by participating in the Host Families identification process for PVCs’ permanent sites and by facilitating orientation training for the selected Host Families.
Education: University Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (such as education, international studies, psychology).
Prior Work Experience:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience working in related fields
· Working in training and training design or education settings, in particular with adult learners (highly desirable)
· Prior experience working with Americans and/or experience living abroad preferred
· Fluency in both English and Tetum (written and spoken) is required, as is an ability to quickly and accurately go between Tetum to English, and vice versa
· Ability to speak Bahasa Indonesian and Portuguese is desirable