REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
Democratic Republic of East Timor
Second Chance Education Project
Grant Nos: P116520
Expressions of Interest
The Democratic Republic of East Timor has received financing administered by the World Bank towards the cost of the Second Chance Education Project (SCEP), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consultant services regarding: District Support and Facilitator (DSF).
Position: 6 Positions
The district facilitators will work at six selected districts : Lospalos, Baucau, Dili, Ermera, Maliana and Oecusse.
Key functions of the District Facilitators will be to facilitate the active engagement of community in the implementation of trial of Equivalency Education Program, establishment of Community Learning Centres, monitoring and evaluation of all programs and assist in the implementation of Educational Demand and Needs Assessment Study
- The community has good understanding about the benefit and importance of the CLC for the community life quality and harmony and has good capacity in establishing a sound and functioned community learning center and has high motivation and commitment in realizing it.
- The community (through the new established CLC committee) has a good capacity in developing a reasonably CLC grants proposal to be submitted and has high motivation and commitment in realizing it.
- The CLC has good capacity and high commitment to implement the CLC Grant consistently according to the plan in the approved proposal and according to the Grant manual provided by MoE.
- Periodical reports (bi-weekly) on ongoing monitoring and evaluation in place to hold community accountable for supports provided.
- Written inputs for the Recurrent Education Specialist (DNER) to prepare policy, plan and strategy to establish and sustain CLC program in Timor Leste (including CLC Management training, standard grant proposal and reporting mechanism, programs and improvement).
- Quality field-based data of needed for the Needs and Demands Study.
- Data/ inputs to support the DNER with preparation of the reports on the trial of Equivalency Education program and CLC program implementation.