Plan International in Timor-Leste
Plan International in Timor-Leste
Vacancy Announcement – Re-Advertisement
Project Officer on Child Centre Climate Change Adaptation-Disaster Risk Reduction (4CA-DRR)
Project : Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
Position : Project Officer
Grade : C2
Based : Ainaro Program Unit Office in Maubisse
Report to : Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Manager
A great opportunity for young female (and male) graduates to serve the children of Timor-Leste! We strongly encourage women to apply. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities.
Purpose: Responsible for the implementation of the Child Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA)- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality which will be in integrate in Plan Timor- Leste four country programs.
The 4CA and DRR program focuses on 7 schools and community in Aileu, 4 communities in Ainaru to increasing the capacity of students, teachers, and directors of schools, volunteers, parents and disabled children and theirs communities on Climate Change Adaptation for risk reduction.
Dimensions of Role:
1. Coordination implementation of the 4CA-DRR plans in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality, lease with the local Government/Authorities and CSOs to promote 4CA- DRR to ensure integrated implementation of 4CA-DRR.
2. Ensure the 4CA-DRR project is implemented based on project plan and budget
3. Monitor implementation of 4CA- DRR program interventions and achievement of the target objectives.
4. Ensure training and development activities are carried out in schools and communities level, sponsor child and their families
5. Provide technical support to partners (Local Authorities/CBOs/LNGOs) for implementation of 4CA-DRR to meet the standards and quality.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Planning, implementation, conducting monitoring and evaluation of the 4CA-DRR project to achieve project outcomes
- Develop and maintain networks and partnerships at Municipality level to support 4CA-DRR project
- Provide technical support within 4CA-DRR project including specificly for safe school project to schools and communities to increase capacity of target beneficiaries
- Provide timely and regular reports to DRM Manager
- Facilitate donor and management visits at Municipality and community level
- Ensure 4CA-DRR support to safe school project in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality based on risk profile, PLAN TL vision and mission
- Provide training for beneficiaries to develop and strengthen CCA and disaster preparedness and self-reliance for schools and communities most at-risk.
- Working closely with the target schools and communities and sponsor Child/families in developing preparedness and response plans
- Encourage students, teachers, director of schools, parents and disabled children to participate actively in all phases of program implementation
- Facilitate regular meetings between schools and communities, Sponsor/families and relevant stakeholders for planning and sharing of learnings
- Collaborate and coordinate with other country programs (CP, WOGIP, Education, Youth, WASH) within the framework of the integration of 4CA-DRR in Municipalitys and community’s level.
- Close coordination with DM, ADM and project coordinators to identify, request and delivery of sponsorship token.