Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : ANCP
Position : Project Finance Officer
Supervisor : Deputy Finance Manager
Grade : D1
Salary : From $536 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili
Position Report To : Deputy Finance Manager
Job Description Prepared by : Finance Manager
Date Job Description Updated : 18 February 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : 18 February 2015
Contract period : 1st July 2016-30 June 2017
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
The accountant is a senior position who responsible to for ensuring all finance documents submitted by the project comply with policies and procedure and donor requirement, uploading to system and presenting them in monthly project finance report. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting project staff to prepare the finance forms with correct coding and proper supporting documents, prepare and follow up the payment for project staff such as advances, final payment etc, socialize the policies and procedures, verify the coding based on the project budget, correspondence with project managers and donors and travelling to the field base/project location if required.
The position reports directly to the DFM.
- Working closely with project to ensure all finance document submitted by project are comply with policies and procedure and donor requirement, uploading to system, filed and presenting them in monthly project finance report
- Verify the payment voucher from projects.
- Prepare and submit the new coding request to Care Australia
- Prepare the adjustment journals and post to system
- Prepare the monthly budget versus actual report for projects.
- Provide assistance and support for projects staff related to project advances, induction for new staff, update the new & revised policies and procedures, final payment and also travelling to project sites if required.
- Review the monthly report with the Project Manager and Finance Manager
- Filing the project documentation in project information folder.
- Working with external parties related to project requirement such as Auditor, Donors, Care Australia, etc
Follow up the reports and invoices should be submitted to donors
- Respond to Auditor’s requirement and queries.
- Building the good relationship and communication with external parties such as donor, partners, and if required with Care Australia, CI member and donor.
- General Finance tasks