Plan International Timor-Leste
Vacancy: Various Positions
Plan always encourages applications from women and from people with disabilities
1. Disaster Risk Reduction Project Officer
Location: Dili (25%) and Municipality (75%)
Reports to: Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Manager
The DRR Project Officer is responsible for the implementation of the Child Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA)-Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Aileu and Ainaro Municipality which will be in integrate in Plan International Timor- Leste four country programs.
The 4CA and DRR program focuses on 6 schools and communities in Aileu, 4 communities in Ainaro to increase the capacity of students (girl and boys), teachers, and directors of schools, volunteers, parents and children with disabilities and theirs communities (male and female) on Climate Change Adaptation for risk reduction.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
1. Planning, implementation, conducting monitoring and evaluation of the 4CA-DRR project to achieve project outcomes
2. Develop and maintain networks and partnerships at Municipality level to support 4CA-DRR project
3. Provide technical support within 4CA-DRR project including specificly for safe school project to schools and communities to increase capacity of target beneficiaries
4. Provide timely and regular reports to DRM Manager
5. Facilitate donor and management visits at Municipality and community level
6. Ensure 4CA-DRR support to safe school project in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality based on risk profile, PLAN TL vision and mission
7. Provide training for beneficiaries to develop and strengthen CCA and disaster preparedness and self-reliance for schools and communities most at-risk.
8. Working closely with the target schools and communities and sponsor Child/families in developing preparedness and response plans