Plan International Timor-Leste
VACANCY: HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER (HRM)
Plan International especially invites applications from women and people with disabilities for this position, and for all jobs and consultancies. We ask all job applicants to show firm evidence of their commitment to gender equality and inclusion of people with disabilities. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities.
Background. Plan’s programs in Aileu and Ainaro Municipalities aim to ensure that all children, especially girls, realize their rights to clean water and sanitation, education, and protection from violence and abuse, health, and that they become active and democratic citizens. Plan is committed to response in case of humanitarian disaster in these Municipalities and in other parts of Timor-Leste. Plan’s development and rights activities are supported by grants from a range of donors and by almost 13,000 child sponsors. Plan Timor-Leste’s Country Office in Dili provides overall supervision, support and guidance to teams in the Municipalities.
Role: The Human Resources Manager is a very senior role. He/she reports directly to the Country Coordinator, the head of Plan in Timor-Leste and is a member of the Management Group, contributing to Country Strategy and other high level planning and policy exercises. The HRM contributes to the planning and management of Plan’s projects, sponsorship communications, financial planning and control, administration, ICT and communications by supporting the Management Group to identify, attract and retain high performing staff and teams. The HRM supports development of staff and team quality by leading on organization of training, including Child Protection, Gender Equality and Code of Conduct training. The HRM supports the maintenance of team quality by helping to deal with cases where Plan’s high standards are breached.
Skills and qualifications required
· High school mandatory; University Degree in related field or equivalent experience preferred
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in senior management essential, and preferably 5 in HR
· Senior management experience in an international organization a major advantage
· Fluency in both English and Tetum essential
· Experience in working in multicultural environment
· Experience in working with people from wide range of skills and backgrounds
· Demonstrates a high level of discretion and confidentiality in handling sensitive situations
· Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
· Strong written and verbal communication
· Strong negotiation skills
· Facilitation/presentation skills
· Analytical ability e.g. analyzing salary survey data, etc
· Flexibility and patience
· Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
· Communicates clearly and effectively
· Very strong commitment to continuous learning
· Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
· Ability to maintain achieve operational efficiency and mitigate risks related to People and Culture
Location/travel. Based Dili Country Office. Frequent travel to and stays in Aileu and Ainaro. Must be willing to travel to remote communities on bad roads. Occasional international travel, e.g. to Regional HR meetings
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
· Plan International does not tolerate child abuse. Appropriate reference and background checks will be carried out prior to job offers. This includes, but is not limited to, phone references
· Plan International requires evidence of commitment to gender equality and social inclusion. This evidence might come from verifiable stories of voluntary work, active engagement in CSOs, active engagement in community, family life as well as work.
· Applicants must be of Timorese nationality, or have the right or permission to live and work in Timor-Leste.
· Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
· We always seek verbal references.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: MONDAY 12 JUNE 2017
TO APPLY Send….
· resume/CV – including mobile phone number and email address, and Skype address if you have one
· cover letter explaining why you are applying
· names, mobile phone numbers and email address of three professional referees, plus Skype addresses if possible
· salary expectations and salary history