Place of Work:
Dili, with frequent travel to Likisà and Manufahi.
Finance and Admin Officer
Start date: 19th September 2016
Explanation of Role
WaterAid is an international NGO that enables the world’s poorest people to gain access to safe water and sanitation. Together with improved hygiene, these basic human rights underpin health, education and livelihoods, forming the first essential step in overcoming poverty. We work with local partners and provide them with the skills and support to help communities set up and manage practical and sustainable projects that meet their real needs. We also work locally and internationally to change policy and practice and ensure water, hygiene and sanitation’s vital role in reducing poverty is recognized. WaterAid has been working in Timor-Leste since 2005 and our vision is that all Timorese should have access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene by 2030. WaterAid is able to provide great training and educational opportunities, good working conditions, and the opportunity to join a highly motivated and award winning team. For more information go to www.wateraid.org .
This position involves supporting WaterAid’s WASH program work with local organisations and government, focused on enabling WaterAid staff and guests to access rural communities , local and national government and support operations for WaterAid’s Timor-Leste offices. This position will be based in Dili with frequent travel to Likisà and Manufahi municipalities, as well as other municipalities when required and will be required to operate a 4×4 car safely on challenging rural terrain and roads in poor condition.
- Safely operate a large 4×4 car on challenging rural terrain and roads in poor condition.
- Manage and record kilometers, service, maintenace and fueling in the car log book.
- Responsible for routine checks of oil, fuel, air in tires and other items as necessary.
- Responsible for keeping car tidy and clean both inside and out.
- Responsible to ensure the car have; basic repair tool sets, basic first aid kid, a fire extinguisher, and a functional spare tire, all in working order.
- Responsible for having clean and valid driver license and ensring car registration is in-date.
- Responsible for reporting any detected need for repair to Operations or Country Director
- Comply with National and WaterAid traffic rules and best practices.
- Responsible for all passengers safety and ensuring everyone wears a seatbelt.
- Ensure any passengers that are not WATL staff sign the declaration when using a WATL car