SHORT VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||RADIOLOGY TECHNICIAN (for digital X-ray) – 2 position|
|Duty Station||:||DILI, TIMOR-LESTE|
|Classification||:||UG (500.00 USD PER MONTH)|
|Type of Appointment||:||SPECIAL SHORT TERM (SST)|
|Estimated Start Date||:||August 2017
|Closing Date||:||21st July, 2017|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing health support services to the beneficiaries/patients:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining smooth operation of the mobile clinic with respect to technical aspects as well as administrative matters.
- Take X-ray image in accordance with the General Health standards in Timor Leste and international standards.
- Ensure consistently high quality X-ray image through checking and correcting technical quality of the images;
- Provide X-ray related counselling, including soliciting voluntary, informed consent, and implement quality customer service in the mobile clinic;
- Coordinate with other relevant medical staff for timely X-ray reading
- Keep and update all relevant patient records / information for all clients at the mobile clinic in accordance to General Health standards guidance as well as other proposed best practises;
- Keep confidentiality of all clients accordance to IOM policy;
- If available, prepare CD for the CXRs images and X-ray films as per requirements.
- Take lead to keep X-ray machine operational at all times, including carrying out routine and alerting for the need for irregular maintenance in coordination with Health programme Manager and IOM’s management unit;
- Manage inventory of consumables in the mobile clinic and timely place orders of the necessary purchases and/or the necessary requests to NTP.
- Optimize the workflow in the mobile clinic in order to ensure quick and smooth processing and timely delivery of radiographs and reports.
- Implement and closely monitor safety procedures for staff and clients in the mobile clinic in accordance with the radiation rules and regulations. Implement infection control measures.
- Suggest additional measures to improve the quality, speed or safety of the radiological procedures.
- Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Radiography from an accredited academic institution