Conservation International, Timor Leste Program
Position Title: Project Coordinator
This position will coordinate the implementation of PPG Phase of the GEF funded project titled “Securing the long-term conservation of Timor-Leste’s biodiversity and ecosystem services through the establishment of a functioning National Protected Area Network and the improvement of natural resource management in priority catchment corridor” (hereinafter, referred to as “the Project”).
The Project will be delivered over a 12 month period with an expected start date of October 1, 2016. This position will be co-terminus with the Project on September 30, 2020. The Project will consist of: Component 1: Establishment of a National Protected Area Network; Component 2: Improvement of community-based natural resource management systems in priority catchments corridors; and Component 3:Improvement of forest management and reforestation of degraded lands in priority catchment corridors. This position will be under CI Timor-Leste, and report to the Senior Program Manager designated by CI-Timor-Leste.
The Key Responsibilities for this position are:
|I. Grant management – Duties under direct supervision of the Senior Program Manager:
(1) Ensure progress against agreed-upon work plan and budget towards intended outputs, including timely submission of regular reports;
(2) Ensure the budget allocation is spent according to the workplan and with CI Timor-Leste approval;
(3) Ensure compliance of the CI-GEF Environmental and Social Safeguards framework, and CI internal Policies and Safeguards.
|II. Project Coordination – Duties under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Program Manager include:
(1) In coordination with the Project Team finalize the Workplan and budget, and submit for CI approval;
(2) Schedule and arrange participants to join all necessary project meetings, workshops, and site visits to ensure full engagement;
(3) Maintain regular communications with the project team so that they are updated with the status of the Project;
(4) Support the production of ProDoc, and reports to relevant institutions, as well as meeting materials, to enhance the implementation of the Project.
(5) Provide support to the Project’s outreach team for effective external communication of the Project; and
(6) Keep records of the Project up-to-date in CI’s Operations system (i.e., Agresso) in collaboration with CI Timor-Leste Operations Manager.
III. Workshops – Duties under supervision of the Senior Program Manager include providing support in:
(1) Planning for workshops included under the project component with internal and external implementing partners.
(2) Prepare materials for oral presentation and printed distribution.
IV. Other duties including but not limited to supporting CITL Country Director and Operations Manager in program/office management are to be shared with other members of CI Timor-Leste. These duties may include, but not necessarily limited to:
(1) Chairing regular meetings of CI Timor-Leste; and
(2) Other office keeping matters.
Required skills and capabilities:
· English proficiency, as the working language of the project
· Minimum of 5 years professional working experience in government or private sector.
· A firm understanding of Timor-Leste government, community culture, and landscape
· Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize and multi-task.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
· Work experience with an international organization, or working with an international project team.
· Minimum of a Master’s degree in natural science, environmental studies, international cooperation and/or public policy.
· Tetum and or Portuguese language are preferable.
· This position is based in Dili
· Frequent field travels
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of employees and partners in a team setting.
To apply for this position, email CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Deadline: 26th August 2016
(Only short listed applicants will be notified)