Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
Contract Duration: 5 months with potential to extend pending funding
Applications Close: 4 July 2014
Download full position description and how to apply here.
The Management Advisor will work closely with ALFeLa’s management team including the Director, Program Manager, Coordinator and Finance Manager to provide support in relation to:
- Program management including preparing annual work plans, ensuring that ALFeLa meets donor commitments, ensuring that ALFeLa delivers high quality programs and designing and implementing effective monitoring and evaluation mechanisms;
- Project design, identifying appropriate funding sources, approaching potential donors and grant writing;
- Financial management including monitoring expenditure against budgets, developing cashflow forecasts, monthly financial reconciliation and negotiating budget realignments with donors;
- Management of ALFeLa human resources including developing position descriptions, assisting with staff performance appraisals, capacity building, contracts, disciplinary measures and management of staff salaries and benefits;
- Ensuring strong governance systems within ALFeLa including compliance with ALFeLa constitution, regular board meetings and reports, preparing the annual report, establishing clear membership policies and holding third annual general meeting of ALFeLa; and
- Technical skills in relation provision of legal assistance to vulnerable women and children or other relevant technical skills such as social work, gender or child rights.
The Management Advisor will be supervised directly by ALFeLa’s Director Merita Correia. The advisor will be based in Dili, Timor-Leste, but must be willing to also work as necessary in district offices in Suai, Baucau and Oecusse.
To apply for this position applicants should send their CV and references together with a short cover letter explaining how they meet the selection criteria to:
Merita Correia, Director ALFeLa firstname.lastname@example.org
Anna Yang, Management Advisor email@example.com
Any queries in relation to this position should be directed to Anna Yang at the above email or by telephone +670 7799 4017