ADRA Timor-Leste – Community Health Motivation Officer.
Purpose of position
To take the lead in improving attitudes and behaviours of rural communities in Viqueque district of Timor Leste on sanitation and hygiene practices using CLTS methodology by leading out in the community hygiene training programs and working with local female Community Health Volunteers.
12 months contract (1 month trial period) with potential for further 12 month renewal.
Starting no later than 19 January, 2015 or sooner if possible.
1. Conduct training for hygiene and sanitation in partner communities using CLTS methodology.
2. Contribute to the development of tools and materials for preventative hygiene and sanitation training programs.
3. Contribute to the monitoring of hygiene and sanitation outputs and project activities carried out by local female CHV’s and field staff.
4. Collate relevant information and assist with reporting requirements to the donor.
5. Network and liaise with District Health Officers, as well as local health centres and clinics.
6. Conduct hygiene and sanitation training in all target communities.
7. Manage the team of local CHV’s with ongoing follow up visits in communities after the completion of training events throughout the life of the project.
8. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor Leste Program Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Major challenges include working as part of a team, including collaboration with the Country and Field Offices, and engaging in continuous professional development and actively seeking to continuously improve program processes and outcomes.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
1. Experience in training design, delivery and presentation.