ADRA Timor-Leste – CLTS Hygiene Promotion Officer
Purpose of position
To improve attitudes and behaviours of rural communities in Viqueque district of Timor-Leste on sanitation and hygiene practices using CLTS methodology by assisting in ADRA Timor Leste’s community hygiene training programs.
Only applicants with CLTS training experience will be considered for this position.
Starts no later than 1 February, 2016 or sooner if possible.
Finishes: June 30, 2016.
1. Contribute to the monitoring of hygiene and sanitation outputs and project activities carried out by local female CHV’s and field staff.
2. Collate relevant information and assist with reporting requirements to the donor.
3. Network and liaise with District Health Officers, as well as local health centres and clinics.
4. Conduct hygiene and sanitation training in all target communities.
5. Manage the team of local CHV’s with ongoing follow up visits in communities after the completion of training events throughout the life of the project.
6. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Major challenges include working as part of a team, including collaboration with the Country and Field Offices, and engaging in continuous professional development and actively seeking to continuously improve program processes and outcomes. May be asked to work in remote locations.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
1. Experience in delivery and presentation of CLTS activities.
2. Experience in conducting training and organising community based workshops.
3. Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
4. Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
5. Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities.
6. Excellent community engagement skills.
7. Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others.
8. Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn to apply new health and hygiene methodologies in community settings.
9. Uphold the values of the organisation
10. Ability to communicate in Tetun Terik (English an advantage) – oral and written.
11. Be willing to undertake travel within Viqueque and to Dili as required by the project.
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Job Location: The position will be based at the ADRA TL office in Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 15 January 2016 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
or deliver to: ADRA Timor Leste,
Rua Hudi Laran, Dili,
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Please do NOT apply if you do not have CLTS specific experience.