SHORT VACANCY NOTICE
Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||RADIOLOGY TECHNICIAN (for digital X-ray) – 2 position|
|Duty Station||:||DILI, TIMOR-LESTE|
|Classification||:||UG (500.00 USD PER MONTH)|
|Type of Appointment||:||SPECIAL SHORT TERM (SST)|
|Estimated Start Date||:||August 2017
|Closing Date||:||21st July, 2017|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Migration Health Programme Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing health support services to the beneficiaries/patients:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining smooth operation of the mobile clinic with respect to technical aspects as well as administrative matters.
- Take X-ray image in accordance with the General Health standards in Timor Leste and international standards.
- Ensure consistently high quality X-ray image through checking and correcting technical quality of the images;
- Provide X-ray related counselling, including soliciting voluntary, informed consent, and implement quality customer service in the mobile clinic;
- Coordinate with other relevant medical staff for timely X-ray reading
- Keep and update all relevant patient records / information for all clients at the mobile clinic in accordance to General Health standards guidance as well as other proposed best practises;
- Keep confidentiality of all clients accordance to IOM policy;
- If available, prepare CD for the CXRs images and X-ray films as per requirements.
- Take lead to keep X-ray machine operational at all times, including carrying out routine and alerting for the need for irregular maintenance in coordination with Health programme Manager and IOM’s management unit;
- Manage inventory of consumables in the mobile clinic and timely place orders of the necessary purchases and/or the necessary requests to NTP.
- Optimize the workflow in the mobile clinic in order to ensure quick and smooth processing and timely delivery of radiographs and reports.
- Implement and closely monitor safety procedures for staff and clients in the mobile clinic in accordance with the radiation rules and regulations. Implement infection control measures.
- Suggest additional measures to improve the quality, speed or safety of the radiological procedures.
- Act with integrity and professionalism and in accordance with IOM’s Code of Conduct, at all times
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- BSc in Radiography from an accredited academic institution
- At least two (2) years’ experience in X-ray unit.
- Previous experience in international organization is an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience with working in the field and medical emergency department and Trauma management will be added as advantage.
Fluency in English and Tetum both written and spoken is required. Working knowledge of Portuguese and or Bahasa is an advantage.
- Accountability – Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Client Orientation – Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients.
- Continuous Learning – Contributes to colleagues’ learning.
- Communication – Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and Procedures.
- Creativity and Initiative – Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
- Leadership and Negotiation – Convinces others to share resources.
- Performance Management – Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Planning and Organizing – Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others.
- Professionalism – Display masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Teamwork – Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team
Environment, Contributes to, and follows team objectives .
- Technological Awareness – Learns about developments in available technology, Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this Short vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Applications submit directly to IOM Office will not be considered. Women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Post is open only to national of the country. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
From 07.07.2017 – 21.07.2017
|No.||Form||TOR/ Application Form|
|1||Personal History Form (PHF)||Personal History Form (PHF)|