Senior Security Officer based in Dili, Timor-Leste
- 3 – 4 Months Contract
The Australia Timor-Leste Partnership for Human Development (PHD) supports the Government of Timor-Leste’s Strategic Development Plan 2011-2030 and reflects Australia’s commitment to work in partnership with Timor-Leste to enhance human development over the next decade. PHD’s vision is to support the people and Government of Timor-Leste to build and sustain healthy, educated and prosperous individuals and communities, who live with dignity and determine their own future. PHD brings together, under one program, what were previously eight separate Australian Government investments in health, education, sanitation, water, nutrition, gender equality, disability and social protection.
The role will provide overall management of the security function for the PHD Program. In addition the role will provide capacity building for local staff responsible for security services whilst working cooperatively with existing Abt Associates security personnel.
The successful candidate will bring:
- 5 years or more experience in Security Management with at least 5+ years working for an equivalent large scale, multi-disciplinary international development program in Timor and/or the Asia Pacific region
- Extensive experience in the operations of security risk management
- Extensive prior experience in liaising with security contractors and overseeing the compliance with all service standards under the contract.
- Prior experience in working closely and collaboratively with related key areas in the Program to ensure the security of PHD assets and management of property.
- Prior experience managing security on a DFAT program
Further Information and how to apply
A detailed position description can be viewed online via this link www.abtassoc.com.au/careers
Applications can be lodged through PHD Human Resources email email@example.com – Please insert the job title in the email subject heading. All applications are to include a current CV and cover letter.
Closing date: 2nd of June 2017 (11pm Timor-Leste)
Abt Associates is a recognised leader in the international development sector. Working with our many partners, Abt Associates implements bold innovative solutions to improve the lives of the community and deliver valued outcomes for our clients. We provide a comprehensive range of services from policy to service delivery in the public and private sectors contributing to long term benefits for clients and communities. Operating in remote and challenging environments, we offer innovative solutions, extensive experience in the region, strong technical capacity, and a proven project management track record. We are committed to gender equity in our employment strategies and encourage applications from capable women. Abt Associates is a child safe organisation and promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.
Human Resource | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: firstname.lastname@example.org |