Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Program Support Unit (PSU)
Position : Security Officer
Supervisor : Operation Director (OD)
Grade : D1
Salary : From $546 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili Base
Position Report To : OD
Contract period One year with possibility Extension
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The purpose of the Security Officer position is to secure the management of the Dili office and guards. In addition, assist the OD in providing support in terms of the safety and security to the CITL team and its operation.
This position is based in Dili, with possible travel required to other field offices.
- Provide safety and security briefings as required prior to staff deployment to the area;
- Assist the OD to conduct safety checks on vehicles and ensure they are operating in accordance to the CITL standard operating procedures;
- Provide national staff security orientation in the absence of OD;
- Conduct travel movements check on a regular basis including coordination with the Field Offices and the Base Administrators;
- Prepare the CITL ID card for staff and update the information cards;
- Assist OD on undertaking the safety and security spot check on CITL’s vehicles
- Ensure that all safety equipment’s are in good conditions and its record are properly maintain.
- Maintain the data base tracking system;
- Maintain the record of the safety and security communication equipment assigned to the staff;
- Assist OD to provide support to the visitors/new staff consultants;
- Check, report and track the use of the safety and security items;
- Prepares the timesheets/rosters for all the Dili security guards on a monthly basis;
- With oversight from the OD, supervise the security guards in the Dili office by:
- Managing the guards’ schedules, duties and performance;
- Monitoring staff movements through the travel planning and monitoring process;
- Holding regular security meeting with Dili Guards and provide opportunity for them to voice their concerns;
- Monitoring timesheets, and Guards’ overtime. The OD will check timesheets for all the guards after preparation;
- Ensuring that all staff, especially new ones, have valid ID cards and that leaving staff return their cards upon exit from CARE;
- Developing and managing a Safety and Security budget for equipment, etc.;
- Participate in monthly team meetings; and
- Assist the OD to provide safety and security training for the staff.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum technical diploma in administration and/or vocational training in administration, and/or minimum 2 years relevant work experience, preferably in security management with an International Non-Government Organization (INGO);
- Excellent communication skills in Tetum and good in English;
- Ability to ensure the implementation of intricate security management transactions;
- Demonstrated level organizational and time management skills, including the ability to plan and manage workflows and balance competing priorities to ensure timely processing to meet deadlines in a complex environment;
- Demonstrated experience in following standard policies, procedures and processes;
- Demonstrated honesty, reliable and trustworthy;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- A willingness to learn about CARE, gender equality and women’s empowerment activities; and
- Good IT software skills, keyboard/data entry and numeracy skills are required.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 20 April 2017. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.