Short Term National Consultancy (2 Positions)
· Position Title: National Advisers – Design Update for Australia’s support to Ending Violence Against Women
· Duration of Term: Up to 22 days input with full time availability required between 6 and 17 March (these dates subject to change), and preparatory and follow up work as required
· Location: Dili, Timor-Leste
The Australian Embassy Timor-Leste is seeking the services of two National Advisers from early March to mid-April 2017 (up to 22 days) to participate in a Design Update of Australia’s support to Ending Violence Against Women.
The Nabilan Program is an AUD 4 million per year investment, designed for an eight year period (4 years [2014-2018] + 4 years [2018-2021]). The Program is funded by the Australian Government and implemented by The Asia Foundation (TAF). The Design Update will propose the program strategy for the second phase of the program (2018-2021) building on the achievements and the challenges of Phase 1.
Nabilan works with the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) and NGO Partners to better understand the causes and effects of violence on women and children, and uses that knowledge to inform both policy and programs. It supports violence prevention activities and services (including access to justice) for women and children who have experienced violence.
The Design Update team will comprise of:
· Team Leader and Deputy Team Leader
· EVAW Expert
· 2 National Advisers
The Team Leader will review all relevant documentation, participate in all Australian Embassy briefings, lead the in-country mission, including stakeholder consultations and be responsible for directing and coordinating the team’s inputs. The Team Leader will be the coordinator and lead author of the Design Document. The EVAW Expert will provide advice on prevention and service activities that can be scale dup from Phase 1 and identify other opportunities for effecting change.
The National Advisers will participate in all relevant briefings, stakeholder consultations and be responsible for providing the team with a Timorese national perspective on future directions of the Australian Government’s support to Ending Violence Against Women. The National Advisers will contribute to the formulation of recommendations and assist in preparation of written products as directed by the Team Leader.
Key Requirements for the National Advisers:
· A high level of communication and interpersonal skills that can be applied in working relationships with the Government of Timor-Leste, civil society, implementing partners and other stakeholders.
· Knowledge of development, violence against women and children, gender equality and social inclusion challenges in Timor-Leste.
· Knowledge of key international and national policies and frameworks relevant to violence against women and children.
· Familiarity with civil society organizations working on violence against women and children in Timor-Leste.
· Willingness to review and utilize new information, including written information.
· Tertiary qualifications.
· Demonstrated competence with Microsoft Office computer applications.
· Excellent written and spoken English and Tetum.
To apply, applicants must submit:
· a one page application outlining their suitability for the role by addressing the Key Requirements; and
· their current curriculum vitae (CV).
Applications can be lodged through email firstname.lastname@example.org – please insert the job title in the email subject heading.
Applications Close: 9am, Friday, 24 February 2017