Plan International in Timor-Leste
Subject: PLAN INTERNATIONAL JOB RE-ADVERTISEMENT: COMMUNITY MOBILIZING OFFICERS, AILEU AND AINARO DISTRICTS
JOB RE-ADVERTISEMENT: COMMUNITY MOBILIZING OFFICERS, AILEU AND AINARO DISTRICTS
Re-advertisement: Previous applicants will automatically be considered, and do not need to re-apply
Plan always encourages applications from women and from people with disabilities
Plan’s programs aim to ensure that children realize their rights to health, clean water and sanitation, education, and protection from violence, abuse and disaster risks. Plan Programs are partly funded by regular donations from 12,000+ Individual Child Sponsors. Community Mobilization Officers ensure communications to Sponsors about the children, families and communities that Sponsor donations are helping. The Community Mobilization Officers support Community Volunteers to produce communications, and verify the quality and accuracy of these communications.
Community Mobilization Officers live and work in the sukus.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviours, and Experience Required
1. Proven skills in engaging with children and young people in imaginative, creative and respectful ways, in line with Plan’s CCCD approach
2. Demonstrated community mobilization and coordination skills
3. Demonstrated participation in voluntary work and/or arts group activities
4. Skills and experience in planning, monitoring, budget management; report writing
5. University graduate
6. Fluent spoken and written English a major advantage
Physical Environment and Demands:
• Based in a suco, travelling normally on foot or by public transport or motorbike
• Ability to ride motorcycle an advantage, but not essential – Plan will provide training
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
• Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
• Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
· Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
• Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
• Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 27 January 2017 NB: Plan reserves the right to appoint suitable applicants before this date.
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand to Plan International offices in Dili (Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos, near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), or Aileu Villa or Maubisse Villa
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.