ADRA Timor-Leste – Project Coordinator
Purpose of position
To take a primary role in managing the Nutritious Foods Enterprises (NFE) project in Viqueque district. Particularly with managing the cooking facilitator, data collector and other NFE staff. Creating work plans with field NFE staff, and evaluating progress of NFE activities. Working with the program manager in overall planning.
Only applicants with project coordination experience will be considered for this position
Contract Period: 12 month contract
1. Overall field planning implementation and progress evaluation of NFE activities.
2. Develop material and implement various project systems, which may include M&E, Baseline, DIP, and other systems and tasks for the NFE project.
3. Conduct ongoing follow up visits in communities of Uma Tolu, Luca and Caraubalo, particularly with Chefe Sukos and Chefe Aldeias.
4. Take the lead in organising the accomplishment of NFE activities.
5. Act responsibly in the job assigned and practice good conduct according to the ADRA Timor-Leste Policy Manual and staff handbook.
6. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager / Finance Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
7. Work with rural entrepreneurs and facilitate the set of up microenterprises
8. Conduct financial management training including the training and establishment of savings and loans groups
Detailed Responsibilities include:
1. Take the lead field responsibility for the NFE project leadership and management.
2. Take the lead in conducting the Baseline survey.
3. Take the lead in the formation of 3 Food Innovation Groups
4. Review the Activity Chart as per seasonal calendars.
5. Integrate participatory activities into project activities (where applicable).
6. Conduct the Saving and Credit Training Cycles.
7. Take the lead in the formation of 3 business enterprises.
8. Conduct basic financial management for small user groups
9. Review the M&E systems, and discuss realistic possibilities of Monitoring project activities.
10. Clearly determine how QPR indicators will be collected.
11. Drafting a DIP (using the Gantt Chart excel model)
12. Liaise with the program manager to develop and implement NFE project activities.
13. Be the main contact for the NFE project
Additional project activities may also include:
1. Conducting needs assessments and holding regular community meetings
2. Facilitating and managing groups of persons
3. Writing reports and making basic evaluations of project activities
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
· Experience in conducting training and organising community-based workshops.
· Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities.
· Excellent community engagement skills.
· Possess a strong vision for the project goals.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others.
· Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn new to apply new health and hygiene methodologies in community settings.
· Computer Fluency (MS Office).
· Uphold the values of ADRA Timor-Leste
· Be willing to undertake travel as required by the project.
· Conduct the Saving and Credit Training Cycles
· Conduct basic financial management for small user groups
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Child Protection Policy: ADRA Timor-Leste is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.”
Job Location: The position will be based in Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 16 January 2017 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to: ADRA Timor Leste,
Rua Manleuana, Dili,
Phone: 7734 3963
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Only applicants with project management experience will be considered for this position