ADRA Timor-Leste – Data Collector
Purpose of position
To take a primary role in data collection systems in the Nutritious Food Enterprises (NFE) project. Working with the program manager in overall planning. Assisting the Cooking Facilitator where needed.
Only applicants with data collection type experience will be considered for this position
12 month contract
1. Overall data collection of NFE project activities (including surveys for baseline, end line and project surveys) and also progress evaluation of NFE activities.
2. Assist in the M&E of the project activities as per the activity chart, log frame.
3. Conduct ongoing follow up visits in communities of Uma Tolu, Luca and Caraubalo, particularly with Chefe Sukos and Chefe Aldeias.
4. Act responsibly in the job assigned and practice good conduct according to the ADRA Timor-Leste Policy Manual or staff handbook.
5. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager / Finance Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Detailed Responsibilities include:
1. Collect any relevant data for the NFE project (Baseline, Endline, taste test surveys and other useful and relevant survey or data collection type activities).
2. Work under both the project coordinator and cooking facilitator as an assistant-type staff.
3. To be used to calculate measurements of foods for recipe generation that are decided to be used in the recipe book.
4. Any other assistant type task that is designated by the project coordinator / cooking facilitator.
5. Act as a support staff for the cooking facilitator during cooking classes (if need be).
Additional project activities may also include:
1. Conducting needs assessments and holding regular community meetings
2. Data collection may use technology systems for the data collection process.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
· Knowledge of research methodology
· Experience in data collection including conducting surveys and focus group discussions
· Ability to effectively analyse data and present it clearly and meaningfully.
· Experience in conducting training and organising community-based workshops.
· Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities.
· Excellent community engagement skills.
· Possess a strong vision for the project goals.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others.
· Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on tasks and learn new to apply new health and hygiene methodologies in community settings.
· Computer Fluency (MS Office).
· Uphold the values of ADRA Timor-Leste
· Be willing to undertake travel as required by the project.
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Child Protection Policy: ADRA Timor-Leste is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.”
Job Location: The position will be based in Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 16 January 2017 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to: ADRA Timor Leste,
Rua Manleuana, Dili,
Phone: 7734 3963
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Only applicants with data collection experience will be considered for this position