ADRA Timor-Leste – Cooking Facilitator
Purpose of position
To take a primary role as a cooking facilitator in the Nutritious Food Enterprises (NFE) project. The cooking facilitator’s main role will be to train project groups in new, innovative, healthy and nutritious culinary practices. To manage the progress of the 3 groups in achieving their cooking objectives and targets.
Only applicants with cooking facilitation experience will be considered for this position
12 month contract
1. Field planning implementation and progress evaluation of NFE activities.
2. Source practical and up to date cooking resources that can be used in project communities.
3. Conduct ongoing follow up visits in communities of Uma Tolu, Luca and Caraubalo, particularly with Chefe Sukos and Chefe Aldeias.
4. Take the lead in conducting the cooking demonstrations and organising any food related activities that the cooking groups will be involved in.
5. Act responsibly in the job assigned and practice good conduct according to the ADRA Timor-Leste Policy Manual or staff handbook.
6. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager / Finance Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Detailed Responsibilities include:
1. Take the lead field responsibility for the NFE project in terms of cooking classes and cooking demos as per the standards of the project.
2. Participate in the Baseline survey.
3. Be involved in review the Activity Chart as per seasonal calendars.
4. Integrate participatory activities into project activities (where applicable).
5. Take the lead in organising taste tests conducted in communities.
6. Be involved in generating the recipe book.
7. Work extensively with the data collector.
Additional project activities may also include:
1. Conducting needs assessments and holding regular community meetings.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
· Experience in hygienic food preparation practices
· Knowledge of a wide variety of culinary skills
· Knowledge and creativity in cooking with locally available ingredients
· Creativity and problem solving while working with food and groups of people.
· Experience in conducting training and organising community-based workshops.
· Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities.
· Excellent community engagement skills.
· Possess a strong vision for the project goals.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others.
· Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on new tasks and learn to apply new health and hygiene methodologies in community settings.
· Computer Fluency (MS Office).
· Uphold the values of ADRA Timor-Leste
· Be willing to undertake travel as required by the project.
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Child Protection Policy: ADRA Timor-Leste is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.”
Job Location: The position will be based in Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 16 January 2017 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to: ADRA Timor Leste,
Rua Manleuana, Dili,
Phone: 7734 3963
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned. Only applicants with cooking facilitation experience will be considered for this position