Plan International in Timor-Leste
Founded 75 years ago, Plan is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organisations in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations”. We have been working in Timor-Leste since 2001.
Vacancy: Monitoring & Evaluation Research (MER) Manager
Purpose: Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organization committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice.
We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 75 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Plan Timor-Leste is committed to assisting children, young people and their communities in the realization of their rights through both direct program interventions and evidence-based advocacy. ECCD is a key component of Plan’s interventions in Timor-Leste and the main purpose of this role is to:
- Ensure the monitoring, evaluation and research (when needed about success story) plan throughout Plan Timor-Leste projects
- Tracking and maintain the progress and impact of Plan Timor-Leste projects
- Lead the review of country strategic and the development of new country strategic of Plan Timor-Leste
- Lead the annual evaluation of country strategic and projects in Plan Timor-Leste
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
“What” is done and “why”, but not “how”; include indicators for success
- Manages and develops MER framework
- Manages and monitors the projects beneficiaries data and provides reports to Management group
- Manages and develops capacity of program staff in MER
- Tracking budget expenditure and taking corrective action needed for MER activities
- Managed and develops annual cycle (link with new PQP)
- Managed the new development of country strategic (link with PQP)
- Develop MER systems for projects
- Develop strong relationships with Plan projects teams
- Provide technical input to and support to staff and partners in the field
- Develop dissemination strategies for MER reports
- Upload all evaluations and reports to Planet.
- Develop TORs for evaluations, baselines and research
- Facilitate documentation of good practices and initiatives and organize forums to share these.
- Develop strategies to involve youth in MER activities
- Represent Plan in national, regional and international meetings as requested by the DCD-Program and ensure that information/agreements/outcomes are communicated and implemented accordingly
- Develop strong relationships with other development partners and local partners in the area of MER
- Facilitate documentation of good practices and initiatives and organize forums to share these
- Ensure all beneficiaries data disaggregated by sex (boys- girls and men-woman) Working together with Plan Gender advisor
- Understand well Plan International Gender and Inclusion policy
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Gained through education, training, & experience
Skills specific to the job
- MER skills including knowledge of objective setting; developing indicators; use of MER tools
- Good analytical skills
- Facilitation and training skills
- Demonstrated writing skills
- Demonstrated command of English language (written, spoken)
- Networking skills
- Framework development skills
- Project management skills
- Advanced computer skills
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
· This position open to Timorese Nationality.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 23 December 2016
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org by hand to Plan International in Timor-Leste Avenida Nu’u Laran No. 20 Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sport Centre, opposite CNRT Office), Dili, Timor-Leste. Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.