Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Program Support Unit (PSU)
Position : Administration Assistant
Supervisor : Senior Administration Officer
Grade : F1
Salary : From $287 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili Base
Position Report To : Senior Administration Officer
Contract period : One year from 14 January 2017-13 January 2018
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the supervision of the SAO, the AA will provide administrative support to the country office. The AA provides generic Administration support to the operation’s team.
The AA will perform the reception function and manage incoming and outgoing communications under the supervision of the SAO.
- Staff the reception desk at all times unless arrangements have been made with the SAO.
- Greet guests in a professional manner and direct them to their destination.
- Answer phones in a timely and professional manner and direct communications to their destination.
- Distribute incoming and outgoing mail, in coordination with the SAO.
- Maintain stores of official forms such as letterheads.
- Prepare the monthly payments and procurement of communication usage such us: phone cards etc.
- Maintain the petty cash transaction and register for Dili office on a timely manner and ensure the compliance with the guidelines, correct value and coding including daily update the Fisun book, daily cash count and petty cash replenishment as required.
- Travel Management
The AA will assist the SAO to arrange travel for CITL staff and to arrange accommodation and transport for visitors to CITL.
- Assist the SAO to book travel and maintain the Travel Tracking Sheet.
- Assist the SAO to book accommodation for visitors.
- Assist the SAO and in coordination with Supply Chain staff to arrange transport for visitors.
- Asset and Office Management
The AA will assist the SAO and OD to purchase and control office supplies and to ensure proper functioning of the Dili office.
- Assist the SAO to purchase and distribute office suppliers and maintain registers of office supply usage.
- Prepare the monthly time sheet for Administration staff in Dili.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Senior Secondary (Years 10-12) and/or minimum 1-2 years relevant administrative work experience.
- Good communication skills in Tetum and basic knowledge of oral English is an advantage;
- Ability to conduct and process basic transactions using semi technical skills – administrative and work within closely guided routines, with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, planning, problem solving, team building and facilitating skills;
- Demonstrated flexible approach and ability to work under pressure and to organize and manage workload to meet deadlines;
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and to work as part of a team;
- Demonstrated honesty, maintaining confidentiality, reliable and trustworthy.
- Proven ability to manage and acquit a cash advance;
- Willingness and capacity to travel to field offices when required; and
Basic use of Microsoft Office with knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excellent return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 3rd January 2017. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.