VACANCY WITH KLIBUR DOMIN FOUNDATION
Position title : General Manager (GM)
Location : Based at the Office of Klibur Domin Foundation in Tibar, Liquisa Municipality
Klibur Domin (KD) is a local Non-Government Organisation (NGO) located in Tibar, Liquisa, Timor Leste which delivering various health programs. In 2000, Ryder Cheshire Australia (RCA)
established Klibur Domin Foundation to accommodate and support patients with low dependency health issues, mainly referred from Dili National Hospital. In 2004 KD registered as a Timor-Leste
NGO, and approximately 50 staff are now employed and work with three main programs; Community Based Tuberculosis(TB) Program, Inpatients Program and Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Program for Persons with Disability.
GM POSITION OVERVIEW
The purpose of this role is to support the Executive Director (ED) in the development and implementation of KD’s strategic plans and policies. They will work independently to provide communication, leadership and direction to all staff, volunteers and any external contactors.
The successful applicant will be someone who has extensive experience in managerial roles.
Role and responsibility of the GM:
- Implement policies and structures to assist with improving the communication, planning,
coordination, accountability and efficiency.
- Work with ED to undertake strategic analysis and evaluation of the programs and their
- Manage staff matters including recruitment, training, development, performance review, and maintain regular communication with staff to discuss and resolve any issues.
- Manage preparation and perform regular analysis of financial statements and budget reports.
- Work with ED to prepare financial reports, program budgets and funding applications for
relevant partners and donors.
- Regularly communicate with departmental managers to review and discuss operational
- Communicate program issues with government departments, donors and board members.
- Manage completion of special projects through planning and coordination.
- Ensure assets are regularly reviewed and maintained.
Ideally the applicant will have qualification and experience in Finance, Human Resources or any other relevant discipline.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
The applicant must have:
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in managerial roles.
- Substantial experience in developing strategic reviews, planning and implementation.
- Experience leading and managing staff.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- A high level of financial management skills.
- Experience within International NGOs is highly desirable.
- Experience and knowledge with Information and Technology including MYOB and Excel.
- An ability to handle multiple tasks using excellent analytical problem solving skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English.
REMUNERATION AND BENEFITS
The Board of Management of KD adopts the government rules and regulations for the salary scale. The salary range for the GM is between US$765 to US$850 depending on experience. There will also be the offer of other fringe benefits such as dedicated motor bikes or car, accommodation (if willing to stay at KD), communication and fuel allowance. Opportunities will also be given for professional development through conferences and training outside of Timor-Leste.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your covering letter and CV including names and contact details of three referees. This information can be sent to Klibur Domin’s email address firstname.lastname@example.org or send directly to Klibur Domin Office on Ermera Road, Tibar, Liquisa. Ensure that your covering letter provides a summary of your experience and suitability for this position.
The deadline to submit your application is 30 December 2016. Please note that only
shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
If you require further information please contact Joaquim Soares (+670 7723 2016).