JOB ADVERTISEMENT (Re-advertised)
Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : HAFORSA Project
Position : Deputy Project Manager
Supervisor : HAFORSA Project Manager
Grade : B1-B5
Salary : From $894-$1087 per month (depending on the experience) plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili & Atsabe, Ermera Municipality (50%)
Position Report To : HAFORSA Project Manager
Position Supervisors : Project Officer & Field Officers
Contract period : 2 years and 2 months (contract renewed annually)
Deadline : 5th of December, 2016
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
The HAFORSA Project is a new three year project based in Ermera municipality with the aim to support women’s economic empowerment. This project will support women and men farmer’s groups to improve their agricultural production, their resilience to climate change and their financial and business management skills in order to improve their incomes. It will have a strong focus on gender equality, community resilience and learning.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Deputy Project Manager is responsible for supporting the HAFORSA Project Supervisor with the overall planning and management of the HAFORSA project. She/he will manage the implementation of activities and operations in the target municipality of Ermera as well as providing the overall agricultural technical expertise for the project under the Project Supervisor. The position is responsible for managing the Field Officers and providing them with guidance on CITL process and procedures as required. She/he will also play an important role in continuing to foster the relationship with various stakeholders in the target areas. The DPM will be responsible for overseeing all field level reporting and finances, and supporting the Project Supervisor in preparation of project level planning and reporting.
- To provide the overall technical expertise for the project in agricultural techniques, production, post production and climate resilient agricultural practices
- To lead on the development and adaptation of agricultural training materials
- Responsible for planning, implementing and reporting on the activities of the HAFORSA project at field level
- Ensure timely and open communication with Project Manager in order to facilitate appropriate decision making, planning and reporting at project level
Human Resources, Financial and Logistics Management
- Supervise the Field Officers based in Ermera including developing work plans
- Help all staff to develop ownership and responsibility for the project as a whole and create a team spirit amongst the project staff
- Identify critical staff capacity needs and communicate to the Project Supervisor as appropriate
- Support the Project Supervisor to plan project expenditures, procurement plans and monitor against the budget and guidelines of CITL and the donor
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)
- Ensure the quality of implementation of project specific activities in line with the project MEL plan, reporting and tools in close collaboration with the Program Quality unit
- Regular monitoring of field and group activities and project outcomes and support to project baselines, evaluations and other studies
Liaison and Representation
- Lead on fostering relationships and representing CARE with different stakeholders including local level governance structures, Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, extension workers, other relevant organizations and groups
- Manage project advances, expenditure and financial acquittal with support from the Administration Officer
- To proactively participate in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and consistently follow all CARE safety and security policies, procedures and directives
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Technical expertise in agricultural techniques, production, post production and climate resilient agricultural practices
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree with at least 5 years experience in implementing agricultural projects
- Good leadership and management skills
- Experience in project planning, and monitoring of work plan, budget and expenses
- Ability to promote collaboration with CITL staff, Government, Local authority, and other partners
- Ability to understand, comply and uphold all relevant CARE International in Timor Leste policies and standard procedures
- Ability to write and present regular reports to management and partners as required
- Availability and able to be based in Ermera (preferred) or to undertake travel from Dili for extended periods of time
- The candidate should be organized, effective, creative, a team player, and highly motivated
- Computer literacy within standard Microsoft Office programs, i.e. Word, Excel, Power Point, and Data Bases
- Excellent communication skills in English and Tetun both written and spoken. Local languages such as Mambae and Kemak an asset.
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before the 9th of December, 2016. “If you have applied earlier, it is not necessary to re- submit your application”. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.