Operations MANAGER Position Announcement
Ba Futuru is a leading local non-profit organization in Timor-Leste working to build a peaceful, positive and productive Timor-Leste through using innovative approaches that will protect children, reduce violence, empower women and inspire young learners. Ba Futuru has provided educational training programs to more than 30,000 children, youth, teachers, parents and community leaders since 2004.
The Operations Manager is a newly created position. The Operations Manager will manage Ba Futuru’s support services including its human resource management, administrative support, logistics, communications, information technology, security, procurement and monitoring and evaluation.
Reporting to the National Director and serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Operations Manager will be responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness and efficiency. The position will also contribute to developing, implementing and reporting progress on Ba Futuru’s strategy, programs, polices and procedures, and will interact with the Board of Directors.
We prefer Timorese candidates for this position. As the role has a number of diverse skill areas, we will consider candidates with strong skills in two or three areas but who are keen to receive capacity building on their less developed skills.
- A commitment to Ba Futuru’s mission, values, policies and procedures
- Human resource management or similar qualification or relevant experience
- Exceptional work ethic
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style
- Good English and Fluency in Tetun
- Strong ability to lead and manage effectively
- Ability to troubleshoot, improvise and think strategically and creatively
- Willingness to work to a flexible schedule
- Good written and spoken communication skills
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Good financial management skills including budget development and oversight experience
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
- Ability to look at situations from several points of view
- Persuasive with details and facts
- Delegates responsibilities effectively
- High comfort level working in a diverse environment
- Ability to review, improve and monitor policies and procedures
- Understanding of and commitment to excellent human resource and communications management
- Fundraising and grant writing experience
- Exposure to non-governmental organizations in Timor-Leste
- Ability to organize, prioritize, manage time effectively and work independently
- Ability to protect confidential information, multi-task and work well under pressure
Roles and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Human resources management:
– Whole of Ba Futuru: Assist in staff workload prioritization. Organise staff recruitment and contracts. Provide advice and support on staff management issues.
– Operations Unit: Provide support, encouragement and oversight (and performance management where necessary) of Operations Unit staff ensuring adherence to Ba Futuru’s values, strategic plan and policies and procedures. Monitor and evaluate performance
Volunteers: Recruit, brief, support and supervise volunteers.
- Support services – Ensure Ba Futuru’s support services are operating effectively and efficiently and align with Ba Futuru’s Strategic Plan.
- Leadership – Role model excellent leadership and management, while working with colleagues across Ba Futuru to ensure projects and programs are delivered to a high standard. Act as the National Director (Chief Executive Officer) in their absence.
- Co-ordination, collaboration, efficiency – Ensure Operations Unit resources (including staff) are deployed effectively to help Program and Social Enterprise Units deliver on their projects and programs. Facilitate co-ordination and communication across units and support functions.
- Relationship management – Nurture excellent relationships
- Financial management – Assist program staff to review their budget plans and provide feedback to the Senior Management team on opportunities/ issues to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Prepare and monitor operation unit budgets. Recommend effective strategies for the financial well-being of Ba Futuru.
- Policies/procedures – Improve processes and policies.
- Communications – Ensure excellent communications including IT support, photography, quality oversight of report writing and donor applications, translations, media liaison, website updating, knowledge management, graphic design, editing work, monitoring and evaluation.
- Administration – Ensure excellent administrative support including in asset, vehicle and meeting management; procurement; visitor reception; data entry; project delivery support (ie travel and training material preparation).
- Board liaison – Co-ordinate board reporting and organise meetings.
- Risk management – Oversee insurance policies and ensure health and safety issues are identified and addressed. Monitor and manage security.
Please submit a cover letter and a resume or CV by 5pm Monday 25 November 2016, with contact information for three references to: Ba Futuru, Attn: Juliana (Lica) Marcal. Materials can be submitted either to the Ba Futuru office in Golgota, Comoro, Dili, Timor-Leste or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Your CV should be no longer than three pages with NO additional attachments.
Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply. The salary offered will depend on education level, skills and experience, but will likely be between $600-$1,000 USD per month. Benefits of the potion include a small annual health benefit, a 13th month salary and a generous leave policy with flexibility.