Expression of Interest
Handicap International is a non-governmental organization, specialized in the field of international solidarity. Handicap International is working in over than 59 countries worldwide and a co-winner of 1997 Nobel Prize for Campaign against Land Mines. Handicap International has been working in Indonesia since 2005 to support health and social initiatives related to disability issues in partnership with the Ministry of Social Affairs of Republic of Indonesia, and since 2012 in Timor-Leste in partnership with Ministry of Social Solidarity.
Position Title : Photographer Consultant
Location : Yogyakarta, NTT, Timor-Leste
Period of assignment : 2-3 weeks working period in November 2016
Consultancy rate : IDR 6,550,000.00 – 11,135,000.00 lump sump*
*Based on experience and planning
*Per diem, flight ticket, and accommodation will be provided by Handicap International
Closing date : 30 October 2016
Objective of the consultancy
Communications and knowledge management are important elements of Handicap International to share information and promote actions at national and international level but also to advocate about disability rights. Therefore, Handicap International Indonesia and Timor-Leste is seeking the services of a professional photographer to illustrate our actions and highlights our results for our stakeholders and beneficiaries and with the team in Indonesia (Yogyakarta Special Province –Yogyakarta and Guning Kidul) and NTT province – Kupang and Fatuleu Barat districts) and Timor Leste (Aileu, Liquica, Dili and Tibar districts)
Tasks / Responsibilities :
- Capture high resolution pictures (RAW format) of Handicap International’s various actions on the field related to Inclusive education, vocational trainings, Promotion of Rights, Inclusive local development and local participation, accessibility, emergency response, inclusive disaster risk management. The pictures have to provide a story illustrating these actions.
- Provide Handicap International with at least 350 high quality photographs on 2CD-roms or USB Flash Disk from all the projects in Indonesia with a selection of 30 to 50 best retouched pictures (RAW AND JPEG). The copyright for all these photographs will belong to Handicap International but the name of the photographer will be mentioned on each picture.
Skills, experience and qualifications required :
- At least 4 years of experience as a photographer
- Experience on taking photographs for INGOs or other relevant agencies making interventions in development or emergency settings will be an asset (proven with portfolio).
- Previous experience of working as a documentary- photographer will be an asset.
- High skills on photo retouching
- Availability and willingness to travel outside Indonesia.
- Respecting local cultures and people, mainly people with disabilities.
- Able to work with minimum supervision but in close coordination with other team members.
- A degree or diploma or training in photo journalism.
- Ownership or possession of a high resolution state of the art (SLR or mirrorless) digital camera/equipment is a MUST.
Payment will be made in two instalments of the following :
- 30% upon signature of the contract;
- 70% Final payment upon submission of the final outputs, incorporating suggestions and recommendations from Handicap International.
Application package :
- A Job Proposal: A Letter of Interest stating he/she considers himself suitable for the assignment + a Technical proposal indicating:
- A short presentation about the project (objective, results such as numbers of pictures, types of pictures, vision, approach and potential 20 scenarios for pictures.)
- Adjusted schedule taking into consideration time for transportation and for retouching photographs
- consultancy fee (lump sum fee)
- Short explanation on the equipment that will be used (Camera brand and model, lenses, flash, etc).
- Personal CV highlighting past experience in similar projects and relevant achievements Portfolios in soft copy with at least10 documentary photographs (either coloured or black-and-white background)
- Work references – two contact details (e-mail addresses) of referees
Full Terms of Reference will be sent on demand
Any interested candidates should send their application package to:
Regional Logistics Deputy of Handicap International
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
(please put in reference in Subject: Name_Photographer Consultancy)
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Handicap International particularly encourages persons with disabilities to apply.