Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste (CITL)
Department / Project : Program Support Unit (PSU)
Position : Junior Finance Officer
Supervisor : Accountant
Grade : E1
Salary : From $ 390 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili
Position Report To : Accountant
Job Description Prepared by : Finance Manager
Contract period : 1 year
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE International in Timor Leste’s, long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
The Junior Finance Officer (JFO) is responsible for maintaining the day to day cash operation/banking process and data entry of vouchers into FinSun to record all transactions initiated by Country Office, following up the outstanding advances and payment, ensuring the systematic document filing system and providing supports on the matters relate to human resources that handled by Finance department such as the timesheet and leave management, preparing the tax payment, staff insurance and medical allowance. All shall be in compliance with CARE, donor and local rules and regulations.
The position reports directly to the Accountant.
- Regular Cash and Bank operation including following up the outstanding advances and payment and ensuring the systematic document filling system.
- Support the matters relate to human resources that handled by Finance department
- Timesheet management
- Leaves management
- Tax management
- Staff Insurances and medical allowances
- Trainings and field office support
- Cash and Bank Operation
- Maintain and record (Cash/Bank finsun) on day to day operations and ensure records are accurate/update and properly kept.
- Ensure all cash and cheque payment vouchers are coded correctly, proper approval signature, all relevant documents are attached and deface with paid stamp.
To conduct daily cash count, weekly cash reconciliation and ensure all cash advances are acquitted according to CARE’s financial procedures .
- Ensure systematic filing system for Cash and Bank supporting documents in sequential order and all files are place in the secure place (to avoid unauthorized access of documents).
- Managing Bank Accounts opening/closing, updating bank signatories.
- Provide the documents and information for internal and external auditor.
- Prepare the monthly cash and bank reconciliation
- Following up the outstanding advances and payment
- Supports on the matters relate to human resources that handled by Finance department
- Distribute timesheet template for all staffs
- Sending the reminder to ensure the timesheet are submitted timely
- Collect the timesheet every first working day of the month.
- Review the timesheet against the supporting documents (leave forms) and ensure staffs fill the form correctly and completely
- Ensure tax formula and calculation in payroll database in compliance with tax policies
- Prepare the tax reconciliation and payment from data in system monthly and annually
- Gather the documents for TIN application and finalize the process with the Tax Office then distribute to necessary parties
- Ensure CITL fulfill all the requirement on tax policies and request the TAS (Tax Account Summary) regularly
- Socialize any updates on Tax Policies to CITL staffs
Staff Insurance and medical allowance
- Update the active staff list after the payroll
- Update the insurance reconciliation sheet to ensure every staff is covered by insurance as per CITL policy
- Update the medical allowance reconciliation sheet to know the remaining medical allowance balance for every staff then inform to each staff (i.e. through pay slip)
- Contact insurance/medical provider for removal and additional of staff insurance
- Prepare the payment voucher and ensure the payment is done timely
- Prepare the report as required by other parties including ensuring the audit trail filed in proper
- Trainings and Field Office Support
- Provide trainings and staff inductions relating to above function for all staffs
- Visit travel to field offices, project site or partners if required
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in any business related course (preferably Accounting)
- Experience at least two years in handling large cash balances including banking transactions and system.
- Good oral and written English communication skill
- Ability to manage time and priorities, put attention in details and work in fast-paced and stressful environmental
- Good planning , interpersonal skill and decision making within the policy
- Competence in using information technology including word-processing, and excel.
- Effective collaboration with finance team and other team members
- (Desirable, but not essential)
- Understanding CARE activities in general terms
- Familiar with Sun Systems accounting software
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to firstname.lastname@example.org OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline 4th November 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.