VI GOVERNO CONSTITUCIONAL
MINISTÉRIO DA SAÚDE
Direcção Nacional do Planeamento e Gestão Financeira
Divisaun Fundo Global
TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR NATIONAL ACCOUNTING & FINANCE SPECIALIST
The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GFATM) is providing grant money to the Ministry of Health (MOH) of Timor Leste. The MOH is the government body responsible for the development of health policy, regulation of the national health system, provision of medicines and health care services to the people. As the Principal Recipient of GFATM grants in Timor Leste MOH created a Division of the Global Fund (DGF) to take care of implementation of grant activities; GDF is structured into administrative, procurement and finance and three program units. The finance unit is headed by a National Finance Consultant, who has a number of senior finance and assistant finance officers reporting to him. The finance unit is responsible to record all transactions, control budgets and produce financial reports attending the information requirements of the GFTAM and the management of DGF. At present recording of transactions and reporting is based on MYOB and MS Excel sheets. In the near future it is planned to introduce a different and more sophisticated software solution to take care of accounting and financial management needs. From the Enterprise Resource Planning packages available on the market SunSytems is considered the one to suit best the requirements. For the transition to the new software and general improvements of systems additional expertise is needed within the finance unit. DGF therefore intends to hire the services of a national accounting and finance specialist meeting the following requirements:
- At least a master’s degree in accounting/finance, a post graduate qualification will be an asset;
- At least 5 years of work experience in accounting and finance in senior or mid-level positions;
- At least 3 years of work experience in the configuration and usage of Enterprise Resource Planning / Accounting software, preferably with SunSytems;
- Excellent computer skills in the usage of spreadsheets and word processing;
- Very good writing and oral communication skills in English;
- Good inter-personal and communication skills, capacity to work in teams, and an ability to work with individuals from different cultural and educational backgrounds.
As a team member, the specialist will work in close coordination with the National Finance Consultant and report to the Manager of the Division of the Global Fund.
Major duties and responsibilities
- Ensure efficient functioning of the present Financial Management System and assist in the transition to the new SunSystems.
- Assist in the setting-up and configuration of the new system.
- Offer formal and on-the-job training and coaching in the usage of the new system.
- Assist in the day to day management of all financial issues including review of commitment and payment vouchers (CPV’s), petty cash vouchers (PCV), supply requisitions, advance requests and other relevant documentation, reconciliation of advances and expenditures for all Global Fund grants and Global Fund funded programs.
- Ensure that policies and procedures and internal control mechanisms of financial management systems, which include, but are not limited to, timely advance tracking and review of advance reconciliation, bank reconciliation, petty cash count and cash reconciliation are in place and followed.
- Conduct internal audits for all Global Fund grants.
- Liaise with and assist the external auditors and the Local Fund Agent (LFA)
- Develop and implement a Sub Recipient financial management system and oversight plan, including, but not limited to maintaining a Financial Portfolio for each Sub Recipient with budget and work plan, verification of expenditure, progress update and disbursement requests, bank statement and bank reconciliation, petty cash count and reconciliation, asset register, external audit management letter and other relevant documents.
- Prepare and provide reports on revenue and expenditure and budget and expenditure variation analysis for all grants on a monthly and demand basis once the new Financial Management System (SunSystem) is installed and working for information and review of DGF, Directorate of Community Health and Head of the Centre for Communicable Diseases (CDC) Department and for submission to the Global Fund, LFA and the Country Coordination Mechanism (CCM)
- Support the programs and Division of Global Fund in developing detailed budget and work plans and budget revisions for Global Fund grants.
- Support Principal Recipient and Sub Recipients in engaging and facing external audits including follow up of auditor’s management letter as per Global Fund requirements.
- Lead and coordinate preparation and verification of financial reports and disbursement requests for Principal Recipient and Sub Recipients of Global Fund grants.
- Provide general managerial support, mentoring and coaching including performance review to Finance Officers working for Global Fund at grants.
- Develop training materials for training and capacity building of program Finance Officers and sub recipient staff as necessary.
- Support maintenance of asset register and coordinate assets reconciliation for all Global Fund Grants.
- Supervise filing and storage of financial documents including periodic back up of financial systems data.
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities consistent with the position as required by the Division of Global Fund.
DGF, Dili, Timor Leste with occasional visits to Sub-Recipients and travel to districts.
Interested Timorese Nationals should submit the following:
- a letter of application in English that addresses the selection criteria and outlines experience related to the responsibilities of the Senior Finance Officer as outlined in the following sections.
- a current curriculum vitae, which includes the name and contact details (phone number and e-mail addresses) of two professional referees.
Please note that applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Applications should be submitted directly to the Division of Global Fund.
For further information, including job description and terms of reference, please send a request to the below email or visit the Secretariat Office at Lahane Ocidental.
The closing date and time for applications is Tuesday, 25 October 2016 at 17.30h
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted