VI GOVERNO CONSTITUCIONAL
MINISTÉRIO DA SAÚDE
Direcção Nacional do Planeamento e Gestão Financeira
Divisaun Fundo Global
TERMS OF REFERENCE
FOR THE DIVISION OF THE GLOBAL FUND (DGF) OF THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH
The Timor-Leste Division of the Global Fund (DGF) for the Global Fund to Fight HIV, Tuberculosis and Malaria is seeking to recruit a Finance Officer.
|Position Title||Finance Officer
Timor Leste Division of the Global Fund (DGF) of the Ministry of Health
|Duration||One year contract with a 3 month probationary period. Possibility of a contract extension subject to satisfactory performance.|
|Location||The Division of Global Fund of the Ministry of Health is currently located in Lahane Ocidental, Ex. SPK Lahane, Dili, Timor-Leste|
|Indicative Start Date||November 2016|
|Reports to||Senior Finance Officer, Finance Manager|
Interested Timorese Nationals should submit the following:
- a letter of application in English that addresses the selection criteria and outlines experience related to the responsibilities of the Senior Finance Officer as outlined in the following sections.
- a current curriculum vitae, which includes the name and contact details (phone number and e-mail addresses) of two professional referees.
Please note that applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Applications should be submitted directly to the Division of Global Fund.
For further information, including job description and terms of reference, please send a request to the below email or visit the Secretariat Office at Lahane Ocidental.
The closing date and time for applications is Tuesday, 25 October 2016 at 17.30h
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|ORGANISATION AND BACKGROUND INFORMATION|
The Division of the Global Fund (DGF), established within the Ministry of Health (MoH), is the Principal Recipient of The Global Fund grant funding in Timor-Leste.
Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (The Global Fund) in Timor-Leste
The Global Fund to fight AIDs, Tuberculosis and Malaria (The Global Fund) is an independent organization, governed by an international board that consists of representatives of donor and recipient governments, NGOs, the private sector and affected communities from various constituencies. The purpose of The Global Fund is to attract, manage and disburse additional resources through a new public private partnership that will make sustainable and significant contribution in the reduction of infections, illness and death in three diseases: HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis (TB). Currently Timor-Leste receives three grants from The Global Fund, to support the following programs:
- Reducing the Burden of Tuberculosis in the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste
- Expanded comprehensive response to HIV/AIDS in Timor-Leste
- Expanding an integrated and comprehensive approach to Malaria control in the Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for ensuring implementation of financial and accounting activities in accordance to the Global Fund requirements and MoH policies and regulations.
- Prepares Commitment and Payment Voucher (CPV) and process payment for the assigned Program supported by Global Fund Grant.
- Maintains petty cash for the assigned program and conduct daily cash count.
- Prepares Petty Cash Voucher (PCV) as needed by the program.
- Prepares Cash Receipt Voucher (CRV) when funds are received.
- Undertakes monthly Bank Reconciliations.
- Daily financial data input into accounting ledger and computer system.
- Compiles and maintains (filing) all financial transaction related records and files related to the assigned program and Global Fund Grants.
- Assists the Senior Finance Officer in maintaining daily advance register and its regular follow up
- Reviews the summary of expenditures submitted by the program team to ensure completeness and accuracy of supporting documents.
- Timely follow up outstanding review notes on advance settlement.
- Assists in conducting a quarterly asset reconciliation and ensure that information on all new assets have been forwarded to the asset management officer.
- Assists in quarterly SR verification in the absence of Senior Finance Officer.
Financial Reporting Tasks
- Assists the Senior Finance Officer in generating monthly and quarterly financial reports and annual enhanced financial reports as per Ministry of Health and Global Fund requirements (Monthly Cash Advance Monitoring, Monthly Tax Report, PUDR, SSUF, PR expenditure variance analysis).
- Assists in preparation of financial reports and disbursement requests for PR and SRs
- Liaises with GIFA, Fiscal Agent, LFA, External Auditors or any other assigned auditors for Global Fund supported programs to ensure smooth audit process of the assigned program
- Coordinates with the Finance department of the Ministry of Health and the Division of Global Fund to comply with and follow up annual audit and any other requirements related to finance and accounts of the Assigned program.
- Provides inputs to Senior Finance Officer for the performance review of the Finance Assistant.
- Undertakes other duties and responsibilities consistent with the position as required by Senior Finance Officer, Finance Manager (national finance consultant and/or finance management adviser), DGF Manager and National Director of Finance and Procurement.
- Bachelor degree in accounting, finance is a mandatory.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance in international organization;
- Broad experience and knowledge of Accounting Software i.e. MYOB and SUN Systems
- High computer skills on MS Office programs, in particular with Microsoft Excel;
- Excellent skills in financial planning and analysis;
- Knowledge of international accounting standards;
- Strong accounting/book keeping and finance skills;
- Strong financial analysis skills and attention to detail critical;
- Good knowledge of institutional or organization policies, systems and procedures, local law of Timor-Leste;
- Good level of proficiency in spoken and written English skills;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment at all organizational levels;
- Able to work as a team and individually;
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills to develop good working relationships within the Ministry of Health and different players;
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically, organize, plan and prioritize work to achieve results;
- Proficiency in MS Office, excellent skills in Excel and spreadsheets;
- Experience working with databases;
- Fluent in English both written and spoken are required
- Ability to interact effectively with national and international personnel
- Good working knowledge of one of the following languages is an asset:
Tetum; Bahasa Indonesia; or Portuguese