New Zealand Police and PNTL – Timor Leste Programa Apoiu Polisia Komunitaria (TLPAPK)
Title: Programme Support Officer (s)
Contract Duration: 1 year
Work Location: Primarily Dili, but with anticipated travel throughout the country
Report to: NZ Police TLPAPK Team Leader
The New Zealand Police are seeking programme support staff to work three (3) to five (5) days a week for a one year contract (based in Dili). These positions are to provide administrative and logistical support for the day to day functioning of the Timor-Leste Community Policing Support Programme (TLPAPK), which works closely with the PNTL.
Days of work will be negotiated on a fortnightly basis. Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
Salary will be negotiated prior to signing a one year contract.
- Provide written and language translation services when required.
- Provide driver services when required in and outside of Dili.
- Carry out daily administration tasks that support programmatic activities
- Ensures NZP programme vehicles are fueled, kept clean, and serviced regularly so as to to be at a state of operational readiness.
- Ensure PAPK office and its equipment is maintained and kept clean to support programme activities.
- Ensure PAPK office and vehicle supplies are well stocked to support programme activities.
- Ensure that visitors to the PAPK office are welcomed and provided with refreshments.
- Work together with The Asia Foundation and PNTL staff to ensure harmonious working relationships, while supporting excellent information flow between New Zealand Police, the Asia Foundation and PNTL.
- Assist and support the planning arrangements for meetings including disbursement of required documentation, invites, minute taking and support requirements for each meeting.
- Assist in logistical planning and support to operational activities when directed and required.
- Complete any other tasks assigned to support the New Zealand Police (PAPK) programme as required.
The minimum requirements to apply for these positions are:
- To have held a valid Timor-Leste motor vehicle drivers license for at least one year and the ability to drive.
- To have at least secondary schooling. Those with higher academic qualifications or are enrolled in study will be looked upon favorably.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Tetun to aid in the translation of documents and facilitate in meetings. The ability to speak and write Bahasa and/or Portuguese as well, will be an advantage.
- Familiar with technology and computer usage, and competent in using both Microsoft Word and Excel
- Good physical health. The positions may require occasional travel outside of Dili and physical activity.
- A Timor Leste bank account (or if selected for a position the ability to obtain a bank account upon appointment).
To apply for these positions applicants should email the following documents to the Timor-Leste Community Policing Support Programme at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide these as one complete pdf document in the following order, using size 12 Times New Roman font and 1.15 line spacing;
- a covering letter containing their contact details and explaining your suitability for the position (1 page only);
- a chronological CV outlining work experience and three referees with contact details (2 pages only);
- Copies of qualifications, driver’s license and proof of bank account or passport, if held.
Applications will close on the 17th of October 2016. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
NZ Police are an equal opportunity employer and therefore male and female applicants are both encouraged to apply.