CPA (Casa de Produção Audiovisual)
- Male or Female
- Between 30 – 60 years old
- Bachelor’s Degree holder; Master’s Degree preferred;
- Has experience in management and institutional leadership, preferably in media/communication field.
- Fluent in English (both writing and speaking), has capacity for and/or willingness to learn Tetun and/or Bahasa Indonesia languages.
- Has capacity for socio-political analysis and understanding of Timor-Leste’s history and place in the world.
- Has ability to write grant proposals, reports, and other formal correspondence, and has proven capacity for tidy administration
- Has leadership qualities, skills in inter-cultural communications; interested in fostering CPA’s role in serving the people of Timor-Leste
- Has human resources skills; able to negotiate; transparent and a compassionate team worker while able to maintain clarity and firmness in organizational policies
- Adaptable; a multi-tasker; able to work under pressure in a country with limited resources; socially and emotionally balance;
- Open to the vision of the Society of Jesus and of CPA to help Timorese talents tell stories that bring hope, and comfortable in Timor-Leste’s Catholic culture.
- Willing to remain with CPA for at least 3 years.
Interested applicant may submit the following documents to the CPA office or through email address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (in subject heading “DIRECTOR”) on or before 23 October 2016.
- Application Letter
- Resume (with photo)
- Transcript of Records and Diploma
- Character references (2)
Only those who qualify and make it to the short list will be contacted.
NB: CPA (Casa de Produção Audiovisual) is a non-profit organization under the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in Timor-Leste. It was established in 2002 by a Fr. Ruedy Hofman, SJ. CPA creates various multi-media productions: TV programs, short dramas, comic books, print designs, and animation programs. The office of the director has the following job description:
- Assess the needs of Timor-Leste and of the organization; create and implement necessary strategies and activities to advance the organization; find solutions for challenges faced by the organization
- Plan CPA’s yearly, monthly and weekly activities – together with the producer and staff members
- Oversee CPA’s budget, income, and expenditure. Find funding opportunities, prepare proposals, oversee implementation and report on projects to partners
- Manage daily operations, and the performance of 15 staff members; arrange training opportunities to upgrade capacity of staff members
- Organize activities that promote CPA’s products and values. Find opportunities for alternative distribution of CPA programs
- Extend CPAs cooperative network of artists, musicians, writers, priests, sisters and educators who are concerned with culture, social justice and the greater good of Timor-Leste
- Manage relationships with CPA’s clients concerning the production process, ensuring that contracts are respected by both sides
- Assist the producer in suggesting ideas and content for CPA’s productions
- Oversee administration of the organization; viz. compliance with regulations, written announcements, applications, bids, and other correspondence
- Create a regular narrative and financial report for the Jesuit Superior, explaining activities and challenges, and itemizing income and expenditure for the period. Report on objectives achieved and those still to be pursued within the strategic plan of the organization