PNDS Support Program – Activities Coordinator
Job Reference Number
Position no. PC89
Locally Engaged Staff
Australasia; Timor-Leste; Dili
The Programa Nasional Dezenvolvimentu Suku (PNDS), or National Program for Village Development, is a nation-wide community development program of the Government of Timor-Leste. Launched in June 2012 and valued at $300 million over eight years, it is contributing to rural development by funding the ‘missing link’ to services – basic village infrastructure – and providing jobs and training.
The Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) is providing each village with an annual grant of around US$50,000 to plan, construct and manage their own small scale infrastructure projects. An Inter-Ministerial Committee and Technical Working Group, representing key ministries (Finance, State Administration, Health, Education, Agriculture, Public Works and the National Development Agency), have been established to oversee the implementation of PNDS. A PNDS Secretariat within the Ministry of State Administration supports these bodies and is responsible for the implementation of PNDS.
The Government of Australia (GoA) is assisting the Government of Timor-Leste (GoTL) to implement PNDS through the PNDS Support Program Phase II (PSP-II) managed by Cardno Emerging Markets.
The PNDS Support Program currently has a vacancy for the position of Activities Coordinator.
The objective of this role is to take a lead role in co-ordinating activity implementation support for the PNDS Secretariat and the PNDS-SP technical advisory team.
- Support the operationalization of broader activities outlined in the technical assistance team’s advisor workplans, including the coordination of all activity requests
- Lead the planning and facilitation of study tours and municipal visits, in co-ordination with the logistics team
- Lead the co-ordination of logistical support for events, meetings, trainings and other activities to be undertaken by the support program
- Manage the activity tracker tool to communicate activity progress between the operations team and advisors, including managing timeframes across each step of the activity management process
- Support the budget process with costing support and participation in monthly budget monitoring
- Work closely with the logistics team on procurement activities, and facilitating clear communications between the procurement and implementation staff
- Manage the Operations Officer including work-planning, day to day supervision and performance management
- Ensure the translation activities managed by the Operations Officer are of sufficient quality and value for money
- Ensure that all activity request technical specifications and evaluation processes are completed by the TAT when required.
- Support the technical assistance team with engagement within the PNDS Secretariat and broader Government of Timor-Leste as required and appropriate
- Participate in meetings, workshops and PNDS implementation activities conducted by the PNDS Secretariat, as required
- Work collaboratively with the logistics unit on a day to day basis predominately the Facilities and Administration Coordinator and team
- Coordinate itineraries for program short term visitors, monitoring and review groups and audits
- Provide inputs into broader support program planning
- Assist with trouble-shooting and problem solving
- Carry out any other duties as required by the Activity Support Manager
A copy of the Terms of Reference and Selection Criteria for this position can be found by on our website: http://www.cardno.com/careers
Please click on the Terms of Reference for selection criteria and how to apply.
To be contracted up to 30 June 2017
Email your application with the reference ‘PC89 – Activities Coordinator’ in the subject line to email@example.com.
For further information about this position:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the reference ‘PC89 – Activities Coordinator’ in the subject line.
Closing date: 23 September 2016, 5.00pm Dili time.
Late applications will not be considered.
Cardno is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Cardno encourages women to apply. Cardno recognizes the moral and legal responsibility to provide an equal opportunity workplace by ensuring that all recruitment and selection decisions are based on the best qualified and experienced candidate who can perform the genuine inherent requirements of the position.
Cardno is committed to Child Protection, Anti-bribery and Fraud prevention in the delivery of our International Development project and programs. Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect this commitment and may include a relevant police or criminal record check.