Terms of Reference for General Manager
Organization: Centro De Cuidado a Criança – Casa Vida
Position: General Manager
Reporting to: Director
Location: Dili – Timor-Leste
Hours: 5 days a week ( 40hr total)
Duration: Ongoing subject to Casa Vida’s funding situation: 1 months’probation
About the Organization:
Casa Vida is committed to and acts in the protection, welfare and rights of children. The focus is on the international rights of the child. Casa Vida works in an integrated manner in caring for and meeting the needs of child victims of violence and sexual abuse and their families in accordance with the provisions of United Nations conventions, Laws of Timor Leste and relevant International Law.
To achieve their Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives of and for the care of children, Casa Vida promotes, collaborates, coordinates and executes programs, projects and actions aimed at:
- Ensuring comprehensive care of child victims of violence and sexual abuse
- Providing families of children psychosocial and therapeutic care and assistance
- Act in accordance with the MOU signed with the Ministry of Social Solidarity and other Government agencies with open communication and in a transparent manner
- Articulate and mobilize Social Actions in the area of promotion, defense and guarantee of the rights of children and adolescents for the implementation of the conventions on the Rights of Children, the Child and Adolescent Statute
- Facilitate and monitor the reintegration of a child victim of sexual abuse within their family and community
- Promote and support initiatives and training projects in the area of domestic violence and child abuse
- Conduct monitoring, diagnostic, analysis, recording and evaluation of children who are victims of abuse
About the Role:
The General Manager will ensure the coordination between and supervision of the diverse programs in Casa Vida on a day-to-day basis to ensure efficiency, good performance and harmonious working relationships. He/she will be required to work closely with the top-level management, reporting on a regular basis and providing critical input for future strategic planning.
The post holder for this challenging position will be an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with a critical mind and a passion to further the goals of the Casa Vida and promote a good work for contribute to development of Casa Vida.
The purpose of this post is to plan, direct and coordinate the day to day operations of the organization, develop good practice, ensuring and improving the performance, productivity and efficiency of the organizational operations and upholding its image as a unique, quality-oriented institution through the provision of effective management of people and policies.
Scope of Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Coordination and Supervision – Coordinate, manage and monitor the workings of various programs in the organization.
- Best Practices – Improve processes and policies in support of organizational goals. To help implement departmental and organizational policies and procedures to maximize output. Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures. Ensure job satisfaction of all staff.
- Human Resources – Coordinate the establishment of organizational structures. Delegate tasks and accountabilities. Establish work schedules. Supervise staff. Monitor and evaluate performance. Provide technical support where necessary.
- Internal Communication–Facilitate effective coordination and communication between Casa Vida managers.
- External Communications. Support the Director to maintain & follow up contacts with sponsors, media & public.
- Financial – Coordinate and plan effective strategies for the financial well being of the organization. Initiate the implementation of existing finance policy with the team. Monitor to ensure financial reporting compliance and that audit arrangements are in place. Oversee effective financial control.
- Strategic Input – Liaison with Director. Assist in the development of strategic plans for operational activity. Implement and manage operational and business plans.
- Provide cover for the Director of the organization during their absence.
- New Business opportunities: Identify with staff the potential for new business opportunities that support and enhance the core role of Casa Vida.
- Provide regular progress reports to Director on strategic directions, key performance outcomes and human resource issues.
Qualifications and Key Selection Criteria:
- Ideally a university qualification in business or management or several years’ extensive experience
- A strong background working in small NGO’s that are driven by a commitment to social justice outcomes and working with vulnerable clients.
- An understanding of small team environments, a track record of getting the best out of them and a preparedness to work in detail on tasks as well as the more general coordination role
- A detailed understanding of the TL Government and NGO sector particularly in relation to child protection issues.
- Strong external relations and partnership development skills and the ability to work with the Director to maintain and grow Casa Vida’s role as an authorative and key partner in developing and improving the overall child protection framework in Timor Leste.
- Some one who can identify and seize on potential business opportunities that support and reinforce the core role of Casa Vida thru our existing social enterprises or emerging areas where Casa Vida could provide training and policy guidance to external agencies on the broad range of Child Protection issues.
And others benefits assured in the Labour Law in Timor-Leste
Send applications refere to Human Resources Manager , in
Centro de Cuidado à Criança – Casa Vida Bidau Lecidere, Dili, Timor Leste Phone: +670-7735-2345 also via email to firstname.lastname@example.org before 9th September 2016.
Application including a cover letter, Resume details, ID cards, Police report and references
Only short listed will be contacted
“Casa Vida is an organisation who provide protection to children. We require everyone who apply to this position to follow the requirement of our recruitment procedure and sign our Child Protection Policy. Volunteer and staff who are successful will sign and agree to abide with the organisation’s Child Protection Policy as a condition of employment.”
For more information please contact us via email