EXTERNALLY & INTERNALLY
Title: Program Finance Officer
Unit: Program Finance
Reports to: Sub-Award & Compliance Manager
Unit: Timor-Leste Office
Work Location: Dili
Contract Duration 1 year with possibility of extension
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program Finance Officer is responsible for program finance and grants administration functions. This includes but is not limited to, reviewing and following up grantee financial reports, assisting in conducting due diligence checks on partners and maintaining a grant narrative and financial report list. Duties also include assisting program staff in reviewing Letters of Agreement and Letters of Contract, budget review and compliance, preparation of grant administration documents and filing. The Program Finance Officer will also be required to review RFPs, cash advances and expense reports related to program expenses and ensure correctness of request, and project (charge code) number.
The Program Finance Officer will be required to have regular contact with the Sub-award & Compliance Manager, Finance Manager, Administration & HR Manager, Operations Manager and the Deputy Country Representative. Routine contact with the Senior Program Finance Officer, the Finance team, the EVAW Program Manager and the EVAW team will also be required.
Frequent contact with grantees and regular scheduled visits to grantee offices as per the Foundation’s grant procedures and regulations.
- Demonstrated experience in management, financial administration, or program management support.
- Experience in public accounting or finance, private sector or non-governmental organization.
- Work experience with an international organization preferred.
- University degree in Accounting or Financial Management
- Verbal and written communication skills in English, Tetum and Indonesian
- Good interpersonal skills and strong organizational abilities
- Ability to work independently and function effectively and flexibly in a fast-changing work environment
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel)
- Ability to safeguard confidentiality
- High degree of accuracy
- Manage grant administration in compliance with Foundation policies and procedures, and donor requirements.
- Review grantee financial reports, including TAF-209s, monthly financial statements, follow up on issues with partners, and complete and file necessary documentation, including signing off all financial monthly reports.
- Ensure timely receipt of narrative and financial reports; and review of financial reports.
- Assist program staff in reviewing grant administration documents (Letters of Grants, Budgets, Letters of Contract, etc.) to ensure compliance with Foundation policies and procedures and, as relevant, donor policies and standard cost structures in Timor-Leste office.
- Conduct due diligence checks on new partners, and follow up on due diligence for old partners, including PIMS terrorist checking of prospective grantees.
- Maintain up-to-date list of grantee financial and narrative reports, prepare reminder letters for overdue reports.
- Complete and process grant administration forms, including TAF-280.
- Work in close coordination with the Sub-award & Compliance Manager, Finance Manager and EVAW Program Officers in organizing financial management trainings/workshops for Foundation partners as needed and organize one-on-one meetings with partners on relevant grant management issues.
- Advise grantee partners on grant management; recommend necessary training and other capacity building to ensure that they comply with Foundation and donor regulations.
- Complete and process grant closing report in every end of all grants.
- Review RFPs, cash advances and expense reports related to program expenses and ensure correctness of request, and project (charge code) number.
- Meet with key program staff and Representative on monthly basis to make presentation and provide on grantee partner’s monthly expenditures, and on every interim report period.
- Send out monthly grantee expenditure summary report and grantee report checklist on the financial and narrative reports.
- Work in close coordination with the Operations Manager on grantee partner’s TAF loan assets, and upkeep list of TAF loaned assets.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Supervisor.
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese national only.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Odete Laranjinha Pinto – Human Resources Officer, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Avenida Luro Mata Bairro Metin II, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email email@example.com before or by 31 August 2016 at 05.00 PM.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.