The Society of Jesus (Companhia de Jesus), is a religious order that runs various local communities of priests and brothers, educational institutions, pastoral work, social apostolate, mass media and formation. We are currently looking for a full-time REGIONAL FINANCE OFFICER who will be in-charge of the following:
- Assist in preparing financial plans, budgets and forecasts, both capital and recurrent for the entire region ;
- Handling the proper documents flow for processing transactions involving cash inflow and outflow;
- Development and maintenance of office records, files, correspondences pertaining to communities, institutions, including partner institutions and all other documents related to the normal course of duties.
- Recording the transactions in the books of account and prepares the needed reports at any time;
- Monitoring and reviewing approved budgets and plans with reports to the Superior and his Delegates at regular intervals;
- Assist the Treasurer in matters of communication and logistics
- Formulating recommendations to the Treasurer and the Superior regarding the level of project/service costs and various fees and charges;
- Collecting and taking appropriate action on unpaid bills and unliquidated advances of the Region;
- Managing the purchasing function related to both operating and capital expenditures of the Region;
- Preparing the financial statements on regular basis and at the end of the calendar/fiscal year;
- Coordinating the external audit of the books and financial statements;
- Contributes to the development of policy and strategic direction of each unit and the whole Region.
- Performs other minor duties and responsibilities that may be delegated by the Superior.
- Male or Female
- Between 30 – 40 years old
- Accounting graduate – Licentiatura
- At least 2 years experience in accounting, finance and management services
- Fluent in English, Tetum and Portuguese
- Preferably with experience in actual Accounting
- Knowledgeable of accounting principles
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Hands-on experience working on tax returns, year-end reports and bookkeeping
- Extensive computer skills and knowledge of accounting related computer applications
- Strong in communication and interpersonal skills
- Adequate managerial skills and willing to be trained
- High attention to detail and good analytical mind
- Willingness to be part of the Jesuit Mission here in Timor Leste
Apply and submit your resume with character references accompanied with an application letter and various scanned copies of credentials. Application is open until 15th of September 2016. Only those who qualify and make it in the short list will be contacted.
Email to email@example.com, with the subject heading: FINANCE OFFICER