Ministerio das Financas-TL
I. Job Title: Petroleum Mineral Revenue Legal Compliance Officer (PMRLCO) (National)
II. TERMS OF REFERENCE
III. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
Please visit our website at www.mof.gov.tl and go to ‘Employment Opportunities’ to learn about our recruitment process and your application requirements including how to address your application.
Applications need to be addressed to the Head of Human Resources, at email address only through firstname.lastname@example.org , no later than 17:00 hours Timor-Leste time on Wednesday, 31 of August 2016.
Applications should include (a) a covering letter (b) a detailed resume of no more than 7 pages and (c) response to the selection criteria.
All applicants must answer clearly the selection criteria, that can be found at https://www.mof.gov.tl/category/employment-opportunities/?lang=en delineating how they have met the requirements. We do not expect that you would just cut and paste from your resume but rather explain concisely and succinctly how you have met these competences, possibly providing brief examples etc.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Subject to Criminal Record Check.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Title: Petroleum & Mineral Revenue Legal Compliance Officer (PMRLCO) (National)
Purpose: The PMRLCO will support the implementation of fiscal reforms and operational activities as they relate to the core revenue compliance functions of the Directorate General of Revenue to optimise the collection of revenues.
Reporting to: Director General of Revenue
Counterpart(s): Head of Audit Unit (H-AU), DNACPMR
DN Accounting and Collections for Petroleum and Mineral Revenue (DNACPMR), HAU and DGR
Classification: C.3 Specialized Professionals
Duration: One year initial contract with possible extension depending on performance, institutional needs and budget.
Location Ministry of Finance, Dili – Timor-Leste
- SELECTION CRITERIA
- University Degree in a relevant discipline such as audit, taxation, law, business administration, accounting or financial management;
- Proven experience in a role related to taxation administration, audit and/or compliance activities;
- Familiarity with government systems and process including integrity, service culture and accountability and transparency mechanisms;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and good communications skills;
- Demonstrated ability in being pro-active, self-motivated and hardworking to achieve results
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in Tetun and English;
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Post graduate qualifications.
- Experience in the petroleum industry
- Experience in capacity building activities to strengthen staff knowledge and skills
The Ministry of Finance (MoF) is engaging professionals in relevant disciplines, on a contractual basis to assist in performing the core functions of relevant working units within this ministry.
The Petroleum Revenue Legal Compliance Officer will support the DGR, H-AU and DNACPMR in its management to accomplish the day-to-day tasks related to performance of petroleum and mineral revenue auditing.
III. SCOPE OF WORK AND PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/STANDARDS
|1. Provides legal opinions in support of the interpretation and application of petroleum tax laws;||· Proper interpretation and application of the petroleum tax laws are provided;|
|2. Reviews Information Documents Requests (IDRs) prepared by compliance staff for regular desk-audit purposes, for any legal issue involved;||· Pre-Assessments and Assessments against non-compliance taxpayers are issued;|
|3. Coordinates the reconciliation of data and information required for audit purposes;||· All relevant information and data for audit purposes remains updated;|
|4. Reconcile the tax settlement and other amounts arising from the PSC returns (provided by ANP) and the tax returns (provided by the taxpayers) in particular from a legal perspective;||· Accurate amount of petroleum tax is collected;|
|5. Answers and reviews the legal queries sent by the taxpayers;||· Queries are answered accurately and in a timely manner;|
|6. Collaborates with the Central Bank and the National Petroleum Authority for the purpose of reconciliation of tax payments by the taxpayers into the Petroleum Fund Account;||· Exact amount of petroleum taxes lodged by the taxpayers and the credit advices provided by the Central Bank and the National Petroleum Authority are matched;|
|7. Provides relevant information to TL-EITI when it is deemed necessary and requested to the extent that the laws allow;||· Transparency in the petroleum activity, particularly in the petroleum tax collection is upheld;|
|8. In close cooperation with the Head of Compliance Unit, develop, update and publish petroleum and mineral tax forms as needed;||· Tax forms and other relevant documents and information are updated in line with the applicable petroleum tax laws and regulations;|
|9. In close cooperation with SIGTAS Operator, oversee the Registration and De-Registration of TIN, including the issuance of Certificate of Tax Clearance, in conformity with applicable petroleum tax laws;||· Issued TIN to taxpayers on a timely manner after required documents are submitted;
· De-registered (deactivate) non-active taxpayers upon receipt of the relevant information and documents provided by ANP (as the Regulator) and these have been sufficiently and justifiably reviewed and analyzed;
· Issued Certificate of Tax Clearance to compliant taxpayers according to the applicable petroleum tax laws;
|10. In close cooperation with the H-AU and DNACPMR, their staff as well as the international and national advisers, conduct site visit to the premises of the taxpayers whenever deemed necessary, requested and authorised by the National Director and/or Director General for Revenue (or the Commissioner);||· A comprehensive audit activity takes place with full collection of data and information given by the taxpayers;|
|11. Support the Fiscal Reform work program and activities, including the identification of policy, legislative, system and procedural changes, as will be required;||· Level of Officer’s input and responsiveness to Reform initiatives;
|12. Support the provision of a high level of customer service and promote the values of courtesy, reliability and responsiveness within the H-AU and DNACPMR.||· Completed work within agreed time and quality standards;
· Effective role model on good customer service;
|13. Perform other miscellaneous duties and reporting, within his/her competencies, as will be assigned.||· Reliability and effectiveness in responding to additional assignments.|
- KEY DELIVERABLES:
In accordance with the performance indicators listed above and:
- Within four weeks of commencement, develop an Activity Work Plan that is consistent with the relevant activities and performance indicators of the Ministry’s 5 Year Plan and submitted to Director General of Revenue (DGR) DGR;
- Quarterly Progress Reports to the Director General of Revenue (DGR) DGR, against the agreed Work Plan;
- End of Assignment report to the Director General of Revenue (DGR)no later than 10 working days prior to the end of contract
- PERFORMANCE EVALUATION
The PMRLCO will be assessed by the Director General of Revenue (DGR) together with H-AU and NDACPMR, using the Performance Appraisal System put in place and monitored by the Head of Human Resources, Ministry of Finance. This process will include a probation review within two (2) months of the commencement of the contract, regular reporting, ongoing workplace communications and annual performance appraisal. Performance indicators are in place for all areas within the Ministry, and the incumbent’s work will be contributing to the achievement of the priorities as set out in their TOR and in the Ministry’s Five Year Plan.
All vacancies in the Ministry oF Finance
(Please refer to MoF Recruitment Guidelines HERE!)
|Petroleum Mineral Revenue Legal Compliance Officer (PMRLCO) (National)||National||31 August 2016, 17:00 OTL||English | Portuguese | Tetum | Indonesian|