ADRA Timor-Leste – Development Facilitator
Purpose of position
As an integral member of the LOSA project staff, the Development Facilitator will facilitate activities at the community level, conduct community level discussions, social mobilisation of groups and learning centre members, general responsibility for each learning centre set up and operations.
Applicants with agriculture / kitchen garden experience will be more likely considered for this position
12 month contract
Starting no later than 18 August, 2016 and finishing 17 August, 2017.
1. Assist to develop material and implement various project systems which may include M&E, Baseline, End line, DIP, and other systems and tasks for the LOSA project.
2. Take the lead at the community level for the implementation of LOSA activities
3. Coordinate heavily with key community stakeholders in the implementation of community LOSA activities.
4. Be responsible for the Learning Centre setup and operations at the community level.
5. Form learning centre management groups, create schedules for learning centre members, sign MoUs at the learning centre level and general LC operations.
6. Coordinate with the Agricultural Training Officer and Nutrition Officer as to when to implement various related activities.
7. Regular coordination with the Field Office Coordinator in work plans, and reports.
8. Be responsible for documenting output achievements as well as beneficiary numbers of those involved in LOSA project activities.
9. Act responsibly in the job assigned and practice good conduct according to the ADRA Timor-Leste Policy Manual and staff handbook.
10. Undertake any other tasks that may be delegated by the ADRA Timor-Leste Program Manager / Finance Manager that are in keeping with the scope of the role.
Additional activities project activities may also include,
1. Conducting needs assessments and holding regular community meetings
2. Skills on facilitation and managing groups of persons
3. Knowledge on how to write reports and make basic evaluations of project activities
Major challenges include working as part of a team, including collaboration with the Country and Field Offices, and engaging in continuous professional development and actively seeking to continuously improve program processes and outcomes. May be asked to work in remote locations.
Essential knowledge, skills and abilities
· Experience in training design, delivery and presentation.
· Experience in conducting training and organising community-based workshops.
· Good presentation skills and ability to communicate to varied audiences, including those with limited literacy.
· Ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines.
· Ability to prepare and work within budgets for planned training activities.
· Excellent community engagement skills.
· Possess a strong vision for the project goals.
· Demonstrated ability to work as a part of a team, organise work and supervise others.
· Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to take on new tasks and learn to apply new methodologies in community settings.
· Agriculture skills and knowledge are an advantage
· Computer Fluency (MS Office).
· Current car driver’s license an advantage (but not mandatory)
· Current motor bike license would be preferred
· Uphold the values of ADRA Timor-Leste
· Be willing to undertake travel as required by the project.
Gender Policy: Women are encouraged to apply for this position.
Child Protection Policy: ADRA Timor-Leste is a child safe organisation and screens applicants for suitability to work with children, the successful applicant will be required to obtain a police check. Police checks must be conducted for each country in which the individual has lived for 12 months or longer over the last five years, and for the individual’s country of citizenship. Individuals need to provide their consent to a criminal record check and should be informed of the purpose for which the resulting police clearance certificate should be used. ADRA Timor-Leste recognises that in limited instances it may prove impossible to obtain a reliable criminal record check. A statutory declaration outlining efforts made to obtain a police check, and disclosing any charges and spent convictions related to child exploitation, may be accepted in lieu.”
Job Location: The position will be based in either Uma Tolu or Luca Community, Viqueque District.
Applications for the position are due on 12 August 2016 at 12:00 pm. Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their Curriculum Vitae (please do not print or send copies of certificates) and full contact address to the following email addresses:
or deliver to: ADRA Timor-Leste,
Rua Manleuana, Dili,
Office phone number: 7734 3963
Only short listed candidates will be notified and applications will not be returned.