FOR NATIONAL VACANCY
ChildFund International has been serving children and youth, and their families and communities, in Timor-Leste for over 20 years. ChildFund is looking for a motivated, committed, and experienced person to fill in a key national vacancy in the organization.
Title: Sponsor Relations Manager
Division/Department: Sponsor Relations
Location: Dili, with travel to program areas
Reporting Relationship: National Director
The Sponsor Relations Manager will be responsible for re-organizing, leading, and supervising the Sponsor Relations (SR) team in implementing ChildFund’s SR initiatives, policies, and procedures. These include database processing and administration, and compliance to various child sponsorship operational standards. The SR Manager will also support the establishment of clear linkage between program initiatives at the community level and the desired outcomes of sponsorship management.
- Re-organize sponsorship operational structures in the national office (NO) and program areas, to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in sponsorship operations and minimize risks
- Work with program area and Partner staff to improve the efficiency of sponsorship structures to enhance children’s participation in sponsorship initiatives
- Lead and supervise SR staff members at the NO and provide advisory guidance to their program area/Partner counterpart, to ensure high impact communication processes that help retain existing sponsors and attract new sponsors
- Work with program staff to align and coordinate SR activities with life stage program strategies
- Support the program area and Partners in developing plans, evaluating performance against sponsorship indicators, identifying risks, and documentation of learning
- Lead in identifying and implementing capacity-building linked to Global Sponsorship orientation on management guidelines, policies, and procedures in SR management
- Work with SR and program area staff in the review, design, and implementation of strategies, systems, and activities, which promote creativity, participation, and compliance to certification requirements
- Provide direction in preparing action plans for enrollment as well as for disaffiliation, processing, and completion of materials needed for enrollment. Facilitate the selection and screening of committee members for sponsorship enrollment during the opening of new projects.
- Oversee proper handling of database, analysis of data available in automated system generated by headquarters, and records of children, sponsors, project affiliates, and NO data.
- Together with the National Director and Communications Officer, develop a Communications strategy for ChildFund Timor-Leste, which will include end-to-end processes in SR and sponsorship by individual donors
- Review and redesign the current communications plan on sponsor communications. Ensure embedding sponsorship processes within program, and help repackage sponsorship as program communications, with a strong focus on development education of sponsors on one hand and communities on the other.
- Single point of contact for internal and external communications. As a member of Senior Management Team (SMT), provide SR statistics and information to SMT, with updates and forecasts as strategic input.
- Keep donors informed with regular communications on progress and activities, which help them remain informed and connected with ChildFund Timor-Leste and its programs.
- Liaison with headquarters and ChildFund Alliance members to strengthen communications from sponsored children, their communities, and programs of ChildFund Timor-Leste in general
- Develop and roll-out a change management and capacity-building plan in context of BRIDGE (Salesforce) for sponsorship modules
- Manage sponsor and individual donor visits
- Ensure that basic accountability of programs is assured through anchoring of processes like child verification and verification of participant reporting
- Facilitate checks and balances that help respond effectively to donor inquiries and raise alerts on missed communications
- Strengthen Child Protection and gender standards and procedures in program implementation and SR processes
- Work with program area and Partner teams to ensure that partner programming effectively ensures participation of all targeted children in age-appropriate and life stage-appropriate activities
- Other duties as assigned by the National Director and SMT
- 5+ years progressive work experience with children and youth in a child development organization
- Demonstrated experience working in automated office environment with ability to analyze reports
- Proven supervisory skills and ability to work and communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing, with staff at all levels
- Strong decision-making ability using sound judgment and professionalism
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook) and cloud-based applications
- Demonstrated ability to lead through networks and build consensus within teams
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English and Tetun
- Good understanding of sponsorship operations and workflows, sponsorship programming, and sponsorship policies and standards will be an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in community development, child development, or related field, or equivalent relevant work experience. A higher level degree will be an advantage.
Method of application
ChildFund welcomes applications from qualified Timorese candidates, and prefers that the successful candidate can start in August-September 2016. All interested candidates should submit a cover letter in English describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences. The candidate should include a recent CV, most recent education certificate, and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. All applications should be addressed to Human Resources Officer, National Office, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Governador Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or emailed to JCabral@ChildFund.org. This vacancy for SR Manager Open until filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview, which will be conducted in English.