Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : Program Support Unit
Position : Payroll Officer
Supervisor : Accountant
Grade : D1
Salary : From $536 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili Base with travel to field Offices
Position Report To : Accountant
Job Description Prepared by : FM
Date Job Description Updated : 18 February 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : 18 February 2015
Contract period : 1 year with possibility extension
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
Payroll Officer (PO) is responsible to manage all matters relate to human resources that handled by Finance department in compliance with CARE, donor and local rules and regulations. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to payroll process and the supporting information, data base management as main source of employee information, prepare any reconciliations between finance system and database system.
The position reports directly to the Accountant.
- Timesheet management
- Leaves management
- Payroll calculation, payment, reconciliation and journals
- Tax management
- Final Payment
- Database management
- Data Filling system
- Staff Insurances
- Trainings and induction
- Timesheet Management
- Distribute timesheet template for all staffs
- Sending the reminder to ensure the timesheet are submitted timely
- Collect the timesheet every first working day of the month.
- Review the timesheet against the supporting documents (leave forms) and ensure staffs fill the form correctly and completely
- Update the timesheet into database system and SPC worksheet under accountant’s supervision
- Include the adjustment as required into payroll calculation such as Leave Without Pay, absent day etc and attach the supporting documents after approved by accountant
- Provide advice and assistance for staff that has queries about the timesheet system through training, consultation or others.
- Leave Management
- Receive the approved leave application to compare with the leave report after staff return from leave
- Ensure staff are granted to take available balance and advise the supervisor if the balance is less than leaves will be taken immediately
- Maintain the leaves balance reconciliation monthly in database for all staffs
- Distribute the leave balance to every supervisor to inform this information among their staff
- Filling the leave applications to be attached into timesheet or compared with the information on timesheet submitted every beginning of the month
- Update the leave report into database to ensure the current leave balance is maintained
- Update the database for any adjustment made after the first leave report.
- Payroll Process
- Run the payroll calculations and the supporting information accurately in compliance with the policies
- Prepare the payroll reconciliation to compare the previous month and current month
- Ensure the payroll timeline fulfilled and staff receive the salary in time as per HR manual
- Ensure the pay slip distributed in time by maintaining the confidentiality
- Prepare the payroll and staff benefit accrual journal accurately and post them after approval.
- Update the staff benefit reconciliation monthly and prepare the journal adjustment bi-annually then post them after approval
- Ensure the corrections and adjustments from previous payroll would be included the next payroll
- Submit new T5 from Care Australia and post it after approval
- Distribute the pay slips after payroll payment is done
- Tax Management
- Ensure tax formula and calculation in payroll database in compliance with tax policies
- Prepare the tax reconciliation and payment from data in system monthly and annually
- Gather the documents for TIN application and finalize the process with the Tax Office then distribute to necessary parties
- Ensure CITL fulfill all the requirement on tax policies and request the TAS (Tax Account Summary) regularly
- Socialize any updates on Tax Policies to CITL staffs
- Final Payment
- Review the supporting documents in relation to staff departure
- Calculate the final payment based on HR request
- Prepare the payment voucher with the correct coding and accurate accrual balances on system after approval
- Ensure the staff departure is updated into database and employee list
- Staff Insurance
- Update the active staff list after the payroll
- Update the insurance reconciliation sheet to ensure every staff is covered by insurance as per CITL policy
- Contact insurance provider for removal and additional of staff insurance
- Prepare the payment voucher and ensure the payment is done timely
- Prepare the report as required by other parties including ensuring the audit trail filed in proper
- Database Management
- Maintain database and ensure the information inside are updated and reliable
- Contact the IT or database administrator for any issues within database operation
- Utilize database to run information such as leave balances, staff list, staff details, payroll reconciliation and staff benefit accrual balances.
- Ensure the audit trail for every input into database are easily accessed and up to date
- Data Filling System
- Ensure the hard copies and soft copy data for above functions are filed properly and accessible in compliance with IT policies and other relevant procedures
- Respond to auditor requests for any information requirement and work closely with HR and other related department if necessary
- Trainings and Induction
- Provide trainings and staff inductions relating to above function for all staffs
- Visit travel to field offices, project site or partners if required
- General tasks
- Back up Cashier if required
- Review FINSUN and post into SUN after approval
- Prepare the adjustment journals and post into SUN after approval
- Bachelor degree in any business related course (preferably Accounting)
- Experience at least three years in accounting areas. Working specifically in payroll area is preferred
- Experiences in handling projects report from various donors (EC, AUSAID, USAID etc) will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
- Good written and verbal skills in the English language
- Knowledge in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, etc.) especially working with database and other accounting system and payroll system.
- Ability to manage time and priorities, put attention in details and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and stressful environmental
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 5th August 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.