Plan International in Timor-Leste
Project Officer on Child Centre Climate Change Adaptation-Disaster Risk Reduction (4CA-DRR)
Project : Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
Position : Project Officer
Grade : C2
Based : Ainaro Program Unit Office in Maubisse
Report to : Disaster Risk Management (DRM) Manager
A great opportunity for young female (and male) graduates to serve the children of Timor-Leste! We strongly encourage women to apply. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities.
Purpose: Responsible for the implementation of the Child Centered Climate Change Adaptation (4CA)- Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) project in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality which will be in integrate in Plan Timor- Leste four country programs.
The 4CA and DRR program focuses on 7 schools and community in Aileu, 4 communities in Ainaru to increasing the capacity of students, teachers, and directors of schools, volunteers, parents and disabled children and theirs communities on Climate Change Adaptation for risk reduction.
Dimensions of Role:
1. Coordination implementation of the 4CA-DRR plans in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality, lease with the local Government/Authorities and CSOs to promote 4CA- DRR to ensure integrated implementation of 4CA-DRR.
2. Ensure the 4CA-DRR project is implemented based on project plan and budget
3. Monitor implementation of 4CA- DRR program interventions and achievement of the target objectives.
4. Ensure training and development activities are carried out in schools and communities level, sponsor child and their families
5. Provide technical support to partners (Local Authorities/CBOs/LNGOs) for implementation of 4CA-DRR to meet the standards and quality.
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Planning, implementation, conducting monitoring and evaluation of the 4CA-DRR project to achieve project outcomes
- Develop and maintain networks and partnerships at Municipality level to support 4CA-DRR project
- Provide technical support within 4CA-DRR project including specificly for safe school project to schools and communities to increase capacity of target beneficiaries
- Provide timely and regular reports to DRM Manager
- Facilitate donor and management visits at Municipality and community level
- Ensure 4CA-DRR support to safe school project in Aileu and Ainaru Municipality based on risk profile, PLAN TL vision and mission
- Provide training for beneficiaries to develop and strengthen CCA and disaster preparedness and self-reliance for schools and communities most at-risk.
- Working closely with the target schools and communities and sponsor Child/families in developing preparedness and response plans
- Encourage students, teachers, director of schools, parents and disabled children to participate actively in all phases of program implementation
- Facilitate regular meetings between schools and communities, Sponsor/families and relevant stakeholders for planning and sharing of learnings
- Collaborate and coordinate with other country programs (CP, WOGIP, Education, Youth, WASH) within the framework of the integration of 4CA-DRR in Municipalitys and community’s level.
- Close coordination with DM, ADM and project coordinators to identify, request and delivery of sponsorship token.
Knowledge, Skills, Behaviors, and Experience Required to Achieve Role’s Objectives:
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours which we seek
- Bachelor or advanced (higher) university degree or equivalent in social/community development or in related fields
- At least 3 years’ experience in development work on 4CA-DRR or safe school, and being responsible for budget, have knowledge on 4CA and DRR implementation at school and community level
- Have ability to facilitate participatory process using Participatory Disaster Risk Assessment (PDRA) method and techniques.
- Demonstrated capacity building and training skills
- Have knowledge and experience working with local Authorities at different levels, schools and communities.
- Ability to advocate for child center climate change adaptation-disaster risk reduction (4CA-DRR)
- Have skills to coordinate with other partners (Government and other NGOs/CSOs).
- Ability to analyze, document and report
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize tasks
- Able to speak and write English.
- Ability to drive motorcycle and in possession of driving license
- Able to ride motorcycle
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures. These may include tests on English, mathematics and observation of organizing activities with children.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 18th July 2016
TO APPLY…. Send
· cover letter explaining why you are applying
· names and contact details of three referees
- To firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand to Plan, Rua Nu’u Laran No.20, Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste or to Plan District Office in Aileu and Maubisse
- Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.