Employer: CUFA Timor-Leste
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Title: Project Officer (Full-Time and Immediate Start)
Location: Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
Salary Bandwidth: 400 USD/month (inclusive of tax)
Since its inception in 1971, CUFA’s scope of international projects and team of overseas project officers has steadily grown, particularly over the last seven years. CUFA delivers a range of projects focused on economic development through livelihood, employment, enterprise and financial inclusion. CUFA works with; children in schools across Cambodia to develop good savings habits; resettled communities to assist them to lead an independent economic life; financial cooperatives to develop their operational efficiencies and financial transparency; members of the community to build their financial literacy skills and micro-enterprise operators to support their livelihood activities to reach financial sustainability.
CUFA has six offices in: Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Fiji, Myanmar, Bougainville and Australia.
CUFA Timor-Leste has been running the Village Entrepreneur Initiative Program (VEI) since 2010. We are now supporting 54 existing Village Entrepreneurs (VEs) who are members of the credit unions. We are seeking a dedicated Project Officer for this program. The position will be based in Dili with regular field travel. Please refer to CUFA’s VE website for detailed information about the program www.ve.org.au.
- To develop materials and manuals for small business training delivered on a quarterly basis
- To regularly collect new VEs in the rural communities where credit unions operate.
- To train the VEs and collect their quarterly business work progress reports
- To translate the VE Progress Report from Tetun to English
- To maintain the up to date VEs profiles, including refreshing photos
- To liaise with other NGOs and seek potential partnerships for the VEI program
- To provide detailed monthly reporting of project activities and lessons learned
- Excellent English- both spoken and written
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Access, Internet and email, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrated experience working with rural communities and providing small business training
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the capacity to maintain open and constructive communications, particularly in rural communities
- Proven ability to provide detailed reporting of project activities
- Flexibility to work for extended periods of time out in the field, sometimes in remote areas
- Experience working in the NGO sector and on community development projects
- Knowledge of, and involvement in, the credit union movement
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications close on 25 July 2016.
To be considered for an interview your application needs to address each of the Essential Criteria above.
CUFA takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful applicant will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.