Employer: CUFA Timor-Leste
Sector/s: Not For Profit (NFP)
Title: Country Program Manager (Full-Time and Immediate Start)/ Re-advertise
Location: Based in Dili, Timor-Leste
Salary Bandwidth: Between $600 and $700 USD/month (inclusive of tax)
(Previous applicants are not encouraged to apply)
Since its inception in 1971, CUFA’s scope of international projects and team of overseas project officers has steadily grown, particularly over the last seven years. CUFA delivers a range of projects focused on economic development through livelihood, employment, enterprise and financial inclusion. CUFA works with; children in schools across Cambodia to develop good savings habits; resettled communities to assist them to lead an independent economic life; financial cooperatives to develop their operational efficiencies and financial transparency; members of the community to build their financial literacy skills and micro-enterprise operators to support their livelihood activities to reach financial sustainability.
CUFA has six offices in: Cambodia, Timor-Leste, Fiji, Myanmar, Bougainville and Australia.
CUFA is seeking an eager and highly motivated Country Program Manager to join its dynamic, fast-moving, and hardworking international management team, to be based in its office in Dili, Timor-Leste. This position is opened to Timor-Leste citizens only.
The Timor-Leste Country Program Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the CUFA’s Timor office, staff and programs are managed in an effective manner so that staff are well supported and projects meet their goals and objectives.
- Overall supervision of CUFA’s Timor staff and office management;
- Managing a team of Project Coordinators to deliver a range of community development projects to ensure that project objectives and outcomes are met;
- Ensuring good working relationships with all partner organisations, stakeholders and CUFA both domestic and international staff;
- Monitoring project progress and performance by preparing monthly, quarterly and monitoring trip reports;
- Strengthening community development activities; and
- Integrate strategies in all of CUFA’s projects to mainstream people with disabilities, achieve gender equality and include other marginalised people groups.
- Excellent English (both written and verbal)
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Access, Internet and email, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrated experience supervising and managing staff in a supportive, collaborative and constructive manner
- Proven ability to support staff to successfully meet project objectives and goals and strengthen community development activities
- Ability to work independently with high-level critical thinking and decision making
- Ability to assist the staff to mitigate/manage risk and solve challenges in a reasonable time-frame
- Experience working in the NGO sector and on community development projects
- Demonstrated experience in integrating strategies to mainstream people with disabilities, achieve gender equality and include marginalised people groups in all of CUFA’s projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partner organisations and stakeholders such as government departments.
- Willing to travel to the remote areas across Timor-Leste to oversee and conduct monitoring trips, and occasional overseas travel
- Knowledge of, and involvement in, the credit union movement
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications close on 25 July 2016.
To be considered for an interview your application needs to address each of the Essential Criteria above.
CUFA takes the protection of children very seriously and as an organisation we expect all staff members to comply with our child protection policy. The successful applicant will need to sign a child protection declaration and undergo referee checks.