ECCD Community Facilitator
Project : Education
Position : Community Facilitator
Grade : C1
Based : Ainaro District Office in Maubisse
Report to : ECCD District Coordinator
A great opportunity for young female (and male) graduates to serve the children of Timor-Leste! We strongly encourage women to apply. Plan offers competitive salaries and long-term career opportunities.
Purpose: Plan Timor-Leste is committed to assisting children, young people and their communities in the realization of their rights through both direct program interventions and evidence-based advocacy. ECCD is a key component of Plan’s interventions in Timor-Leste and the main purpose of this role is to responsible for the ECCD program implementation activity in the community.
Dimensions of Role:
Based at the Ainaro (Maubisse) District Office with some travel within Timor-Leste.
The Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) Community Facilitator will need to work closely with the ECCD District Coordinator, and District Manager inAinaro (Maubisse) and other program staff based inMaubisse
Typical Responsibilities – Key End Results of Position:
- Facilitate community (girls and boys, women and families) to be able to achieve their development needs
· Facilitate community in project planning, project implementation
- Capacity building of community Facilitators
- Conduct community meeting
- Prepare work planning and report to ECCD District Coordinator
- Conduct monitoring and mentoring to ECCD activity implementation in the area responsibility
Knowledge, Skills, and Behaviours which we seek
- University education with an appropriate qualification for the role
- Significant long term experience in education projects
- Experience in training of children and young people and understanding of participatory children adult learning principles
- Commitment to working with children and young people
- Commitment to work in rural communities
- Commitment to equal respect for women
- Demonstrated skills and experience in planning, monitoring, report writing
- Spoken and written English a major advantage
- Able to ride motorcycle
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures. These may include tests on English, mathematics and observation of organizing activities with children.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: Monday 27th June 2016
TO APPLY…. Send
· cover letter explaining why you are applying
· names and contact details of three referees
To email@example.com or by hand to Plan, Rua Nu’u Laran No.20, Bairo dos Grilos (near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste or to Plan District Office in Aileu and Maubisse
Any questions can be directed to the above email address or phone (+670) 331 2492.