Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : ANCP
Position : Project Finance Officer
Supervisor : Deputy Finance Manager
Grade : D1
Salary : From $536 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Dili
Position Report To : Deputy Finance Manager
Job Description Prepared by : Finance Manager
Date Job Description Updated : 18 February 2015
Date Job Description Evaluated : 18 February 2015
Contract period : 1st July 2016-30 June 2017
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
The accountant is a senior position who responsible to for ensuring all finance documents submitted by the project comply with policies and procedure and donor requirement, uploading to system and presenting them in monthly project finance report. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting project staff to prepare the finance forms with correct coding and proper supporting documents, prepare and follow up the payment for project staff such as advances, final payment etc, socialize the policies and procedures, verify the coding based on the project budget, correspondence with project managers and donors and travelling to the field base/project location if required.
The position reports directly to the DFM.
- Working closely with project to ensure all finance document submitted by project are comply with policies and procedure and donor requirement, uploading to system, filed and presenting them in monthly project finance report
- Verify the payment voucher from projects.
- Prepare and submit the new coding request to Care Australia
- Prepare the adjustment journals and post to system
- Prepare the monthly budget versus actual report for projects.
- Provide assistance and support for projects staff related to project advances, induction for new staff, update the new & revised policies and procedures, final payment and also travelling to project sites if required.
- Review the monthly report with the Project Manager and Finance Manager
- Filing the project documentation in project information folder.
- Working with external parties related to project requirement such as Auditor, Donors, Care Australia, etc
Follow up the reports and invoices should be submitted to donors
- Respond to Auditor’s requirement and queries.
- Building the good relationship and communication with external parties such as donor, partners, and if required with Care Australia, CI member and donor.
- General Finance tasks
- Providing assistance with administrative tasks.
- Assist field office staff.
- Involve in finance training and finance induction as facilitator.
- Regular travel to project sites
- To proactively participate in the APPA process including the annual appraisal, midyear review and regular 1:1 meetings, ensuring that the APPA process (including the paperwork) is an integral component of Annual Work Plans and activities
- Promote a safe and secure work environment; foster a culture of safety and security awareness and consistently follow all CARE safety and security policies, procedures and directives.
- Demonstrate an understanding of gender equality and women’s empowerment and a commitment to CARE’s approach and values including ethnic diversity and cultural sensitivity
- Uphold and promote CARE’s commitment to Child Protection.
- Actively participate Gender Working Group (GWG)
- Actively involved in the GWG meeting.
Bachelor degree in any business related course (preferably accounting)
Experience at least three years in accounting and finance areas
Experiences in handling projects report from various donors (EC, AUSAID, USAID etc) will be an advantage.
Skills and Abilities:
Good written and verbal skills in the English language
Knowledge in computers (Windows, spreadsheets, etc.). Experience in working with computerized accounting system, standard spreadsheet and database programs such as Scala or Sun System.
Has managerial, leadership skills and details oriented
Ability to work in fast-paced and stressful environmental
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline 24 June 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.