POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT WITH KLIBUR DOMIN FOUNDATION
Position title: Tuberculosis (TB) Program Manager
Location: Based at Tibar, Timor Leste with frequent travel to Bobonaro, Ermera and Liquisa districts.
Salary: $510 per month plus benefits
Posting date: 10th June 2016
Due date for application: 4pm, Friday 17th June 2016
Klibur Domin is a local non-government organisation located in Tibar, Timor Leste delivering various health programs. In 2000, Ryder Cheshire Australia (RCA) established Klibur Domin to accommodate and support patients with low dependency health issues, mainly referred from Dili National Hospital. In 2004 Klibur Domin registered as a Timor-Leste Non-Government Organization, and approximately 40 staff are now employed and work with the three main programs; Community TB Program, Inpatients Program and Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Program.
The Community TB Program supports the Ministry of Health in implementing the National TB strategy. Activities include TB training and support of community volunteers; TB case detection; TB treatment monitoring and community TB education. From 2008 until 2015 the TB program received funding from international NGO’s and the program mainly covered Liquisa district. In 2016-2017 the program will work together with National TB Program (NTP) and Global Fund to implement the program in four new sub-districts in Bobonaro and Ermera districts, together with the sub-districts covered in Liquisa district. There is a laboratory based at Klibur Domin that conducts microscopy tests for TB and also uses the advanced technology of GeneXpert for TB diagnosis.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all elements of the program in collaboration with Klibur Domin Senior Management Team. Elements include; workplan development; quarterly budget requests; human resource management; progress and financial reporting to donor, monitoring and evaluation.
- Conduct work in accordance with the processes outlined by National TB Program at Ministry of Health, Global Fund and Klibur Domin.
- Work in collaboration with the National TB Program staff at Ministry of Health, Global Fund, Klibur Domin program team, District and community health staff and volunteers to ensure the program is well managed and effective, implemented according to plan, accountable and transparent.
- Support TB program staff in the implementation of activities such as; training and support for health volunteers, TB education and screening in congregate settings, TB education at secondary schools, TB education and screening in remote areas.
- Qualification in a relevant area such as nursing, public health, community development or other relevant qualifications.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in a program management position.
- Experience in health program implementation at district and community level an advantage.
- Experience and skills in human resource management.
- Experience and skills in writing financial and progress reports for management and donors.
- Experience and skills in monitoring and evaluation.
- Previous experience with non-governmental organizations in Timor-Leste an advantage.
- Previous experience and/or knowledge of TB an advantage.
- Excellent organizational skills and communication skills.
- High level of self-motivation and time management skills, including ability to organize, prioritize, manage time and plan effectively.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in Tetun and English.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills, and the ability to develop and motivate staff, local communities and volunteers.
- Able to work well in a team and build effective relationships with community members, program staff, management and donors.
- Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- A commitment to Klibur Domin’s mission and values.
- Ability to troubleshoot, improvise and think strategically and creatively.
Applications that have previously been submitted, do not need to be resubmitted.Please submit a cover letter and a resume or CV by 4pm Friday 17th June 2016, with contact information for three references to: KliburDomin, Attn: Joaquim Soares, Director. Applications can be submitted either to the Klibur Domin office in Tibar, Ermera Rd, Liquisa district or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Enquiries, phone 78538567 or 7723 2016.