EXTERNALLY & INTERNALLY
Title: Finance Assistant
Reports to: Finance Manager
Unit: Timor-Leste Office
Work Location: Dili
Contract Duration 1 year with possibility of extension
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Primarily responsible for petty cash management; maintains travel authorization log; maintains files of all payment vouchers; maintains records of personal use of TAF vehicle and reporting to SF; handles all cash receipts, bank deposits, and maintains the cash receipt log; maintains records of personal use of telephone; compiles and maintains master files of projects assigned; provides support to the Finance and Admin unit for quarterly /year-end reconciliation of accounts; and any other tasks assigned by superiors.
Interaction with all The Asia Foundation staff
Interaction with partners of the Foundation, Foundation vendors and suppliers, and internal and external auditors.
Experience in financial and fund accounting
Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy or its equivalent
Good verbal and written communication skills in Tetum, Indonesian and English
Strong time management skills and professional organizational abilities
Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
Knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, database and email applications
Knowledge of the Timor Leste NGO community and government agencies preferred
Knowledge of USAID, DFAT or other international donor agency requirements and regulations preferred
- Responsible for petty cash management.
- Responsible for issuing Travel Authorization Number and maintaining Travel Authorization Log
- Maintaining files of all payment vouchers and ensures that such vouchers are properly and completely supported by relevant documents, stamped paid, filed, and stored (hard and soft copies)
- Handling of cash receipts, deposits to the bank, and maintaining the cash receipts log
- Recording of personal use of TAF vehicle
- Provides support to the Finance and Admin unit for quarterly /year-end reconciliation of accounts
- Back up to the Finance Officer in his/her absence
- Other support as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Country Representative, Deputy Country Representative and Finance Manager
The Asia Foundation strongly encourages women to apply. The position is open for Timorese nationals only.
All applications must include a cover letter, an updated CV and must address the selection criteria. Please include three contactable referees. They must be addressed to Odete Laranjinha Pinto – Human Resources Officer, and delivered by hand to the Asia Foundation’s office at Avenida Luro Mata Bairro Metin II, Dili, Timor-Leste OR via email firstname.lastname@example.org before or by 30 May 2016 at 05.00 PM.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the interview.