The United States Peace Corps program in Timor-Leste seeks a qualified and motivated candidate for the following short-term position (approximately 75-90 working days; starting in July or August):
Pre-Service Training (PST) Driver
The United Peace Corps is a non-political, non-religious organization. The Peace Corps is an agency of the United States Government and was founded by President John F. Kennedy in 1961. General information about Peace Corps can be found on www.peacecorps.gov.
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Training Manager, the driver provides transportation support to the training program and may occasionally be asked to support the team in administrative or logistical support. The driver receives guidance from and reports to the Training Manager and Director of Programming & Training. The PST driver will be required to follow a 6-day work week and may include some irregular work hours.
S/he assures that vehicles are properly maintained and operated according to Peace Corps and US Government guidelines, and manufacturer specifications. In addition, s/he assists the Administrative & Logistics Assistant and the Training Manager with various support tasks as required.
This is a contracted position and requires living and working fulltime at the PST training site, with occasional travel to Dili and to cluster site.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Drives vehicle on a daily basis as requested/scheduled adhering to all Timor-Leste and US Peace Corps regulations regarding the use of motorized vehicles and restricting such use to official Peace Corps business.
- Manages logs on all vehicles to indicate kilometers driven, fuel purchased, and service required. Submits logs weekly to the General Services Unit and DMO for review.
· Ensures the safety and security of all passengers (including the driver him/herself) and Peace Corps vehicles and property by adhering to driving safety and security guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing seatbelts, refraining from use of handphone, and no smoking.
· Recommends maintenance and service needs to Training Support and General Services to ensure that vehicles are in safe and operable condition at all times.
· Cleans vehicles weekly or more frequently if needed.
· Provides physical labor when requested regarding office needs.
· Assists in preparation and reproduction of training and administrative materials.
Ÿ Minimum two (2) years’ experience as professional driver for maximum qualification
Ÿ Experience driving for international organization preferred
Ÿ Valid Timor-Leste driver’s license required with minimum six months before expiry. Motor cycle license helpful
Ÿ Clean driving record
Ÿ Experience driving large SUV; experience with Toyota Prado LC preferred
Ÿ Knowledge of Timor-Leste driving rules and regulations
Ÿ Basic auto repair helpful
Ÿ Knowledge of Timor-Leste driving conditions, routes and roadways
Ÿ Basic English strongly preferred but not required
This position has a daily rate of approximately $14.65-16.94 depending on salary history and experience. Housing during the PST training period and a modest per diem will be provided at the training site. No other benefits are provided.
Important! For consideration, all applicants must submit a Resume (CV) of NO MORE THAN 4 PAGES, together with a Cover Letter stating in detail how their education and experience fulfills all the listed qualifications of the position; please do NOT send any additional attachments. Both Cover Letter and Resume (CV) must be type written in English, saved as a Word or PDF file with applicant’s name in the filename (example: FirstNameLastName_CV.pdf,FirstNameLastName_CoverLetter.pdf) and emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Email subject line should state: PST_Driver_FirstNameLastName.
Closing date: Applications should be received by Friday May 27, 2016 for consideration in the first review. Position is open until filled. No phone calls or personal visits related to this vacancy will be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Peace Corps is an equal opportunity employer.