Internally & Externally
CARE International in Timor-Leste – CITL
Department / Project : HAFORSA Project
Position : Driver
Supervisor : HAFORSA Project Officer
Grade : F1
Salary : From $281 per month plus benefits
Location of Work : Atsabe, Ermera(with some travel to Dili)
Position Report To : HAFORSA Project Officer
Job Description Prepared by : HAFORSA Project
Date Job Description Updated : 5 May 2016
Contract period : February 2, 2017 (renewable up to 3 years)
CARE is an international development and humanitarian aid organization fighting global poverty, with a special focus on working with women and girls to bring lasting change to their communities. As a non-religious and non-political organization, CARE works with communities to help overcome poverty by supporting development efforts and providing emergency assistance. We believe supporting women and girls is one of the most effective ways to create sustainable outcomes in poor communities.
Since February 2016, CITL started to implement the HAFORSA project which is funded by the Government of Japan. This project aims at improving agricultural livelihood opportunities towards poverty reduction, especially for women who often do not have the opportunities to demonstrate their ability to contribute to sustainable livelihood and income generation. To attain this objective, the project intends to strengthen (i) capacity of farmers in Atsabe to have diversified and sustainable livelihoods in agriculture; and (ii) capacity of target female farmers to participate in livelihood activities. This project will target 22 Aldeias in all sucos of Atsabe.
CARE’s long term program will focus on women and girls in rural disadvantage areas with four priority areas: SRM Health and Rights, Women’s Economic Empowerment, Women’s Voice and Education.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Driver will work closely with HAFORSA project and transport passengers and cargo for CITL, enforce the Fleet Manual and Safety & Security requirements, and carry out additional minor work for the Supply Chain Department.
- Transport passengers and cargo in accordance with the Fleet Manual, Safety & Security requirements, and the laws of Timor-Leste.
- Ensure that passengers follow all safety requirements and that cargo is safely and securely stored.
- Ensure that cargo is properly recorded on waybills.
- Complete the daily checklist for the vehicle.
- Secure, maintain and use the equipment provided with the vehicle.
- Report incidents and maintenance problems in accordance with the Fleet Manual and Safety & Security requirements.
- Assist Supply Chain staff to arrange inspections, maintenance and repairs of vehicles, including preparing or delivering paperwork, conducting minor maintenance, and testing vehicles after repair.
- Prepare or collect fleet paperwork, including log sheets, work orders and daily checklists, and ensure that they are properly filed.
- Deliver documents for Supply Chain and other Departments, including obtaining quotes for procurement and delivering invoices or cheques for Finance.
- Assist Supply Chain staff to move stock in and out of the warehouse.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Extensive driving experience.
- Proven ability to drive safely and follow policies and laws.
- Ability to accurately maintain paperwork.
- Good written and verbal skills in Tetum and English.
- Excellent communication skills in Tetun (written and oral). Ability to communicate in English and/or Kemak an asset
- Ability to prioritise work and flexibility to do different types of work.
- Demonstrated commitment to CARE values (Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Integrity) and teamwork.
- Availability to live and stay in Atsabe, Ermera Municipality and travel to rural communities
In return of your commitment you will benefit from ongoing professional development fostered within an innovative and forward thinking environment, plus a comprehensive benefits package.
To apply to this position, please email or submit your application letter and Curriculum Vitae with three references (Please DO NOT attached the other documents) to email@example.com OR to HR Unit, CARE International Timor-Leste, Bairo Pitte, Dili, OR by email before or by date deadline on 13 May 2016. Only successful candidates will be contacted for the interview.
|CARE is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
CARE International Timor-Leste is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work. CARE International Timor-Leste reserves the right to conduct screening procedures to ensure a child-safe environment.